· Orlando, Florida
· Environmental Protection, Health & Safety
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 245961
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 100%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The EHS Site Advisor position ensures continuous focus and awareness on HSE issues at assigned project sites and guides/motivates the Project Site Execution Team regarding the HSE aspects of their work.The HSE Site Advisor's efforts are to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, protect the environment, assure compliance with HSE laws and regulations, manage HSE risks, prepare the site for dealing with emergencies, promote wellness programs, and promote a culture whereby HSE becomes part of the site's culture.
The position reports directly to the Onshore North America HSE Manager and will have no reports.
· Monitor the implementation of HSE objectives as defined in the Project HSE Plan.
· Perform HSE inspections and initiate corrective actions and follow up on findings.
· Communicate rules and regulations regarding HSE matters to project site personnel.
· Participate in planning and performance of activities initiated by the HSE ON North America organization to include; training, safety events, activities based on accident/incident trend analysis, risk assessments as well as implementing necessary actions resulting from new or revised programs and initiatives.
· Ensure reporting of HSE observations, near misses, accidents and incidents through the Sphera Reporting system and maintain the emergency management communication flow.
· Perform accident/incident investigation and ensure follow up on corrective actions in cooperation with PSE.
· Manage environmental aspects of the project including waste sorting and chemical handling.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School Diploma
· Valid Driver's License
· Minimum 3-5 years of safety experience in the field of construction
· This position is Field-Based and requires 100% Travel
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrate computer fluency with MS Office and basic computer hardware and interfaces
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team orientated, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
· Ability to support project teams and work with subcontractor personnel.
· Thorough knowledge of OSHA Construction regulations and Occupational Safety programs (Fall protection, LOTO, confined space, respiratory protection, electrical safety, etc.)
· Experience in implementing and Defining LOTO operations
· Knowledge of incident and accident investigation techniques and methodology.
· Performance of the duties of HSE Site Advisor will require the physical ability to climb wind turbine ladders of 300 ft., temporary stairs and frequently walking on a variety of surfaces during varying weather conditions. Ability to performing occasional manual lift 35 lbs.
· Coordinate emergency response and drills for site
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Engineering related discipline
· OSHA 30 Construction
· CHST or CSP
· 4 years of experience in Wind Power Industry
· GWO training
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019