· Oakville, Canada
· Information Technology
Internet of Things
Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019.
We are the catalyst for the industrial world's digital transformation. Siemens founded its IoT Services Unit on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow's smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
What will you do?
· Build the infrastructure that runs the next generation IOT platforms and solutions across multiple domains.
· Understands the needs and challenges of deploying and managing applications and IOT platforms across operations and development, and act to execute based on these needs.
· Work directly with the core engineering team on architecting the application platform
· Installation and configuration of environment operating systems and common open source and internal applications
· Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
· Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
· Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
· Tier 2 support for development, production, and escalation
· Will be supporting production releases and patch management as well as migrations on weekend
· Setup/maintain user/group privileges in environments
· Demonstrated ability to learn, maintain, and automate processes for existing applications
· Effectively collaborates and communicates with development and infrastructure teams
What will you need to succeed?
· Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
· 3+ years of experience of hands on proficiency with DevOps Engineering
· Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.). Working knowledge of AWS including provisioning and configuration of common services such as EC2, VPC, Route53, S3
· Working knowledge of commercial virtualization and containerization platforms such as Vmware, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes.
· Experience troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues
· Experience with Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (Tomcat, Jboss)
· Understanding of networking technologies (sub-netting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
· Read/write basic shell scripts
· Usage of common tools such as ping, traceroute, tcpdump, netstat, etc to troubleshoot network problems
· Experience in RHEL, Windows server operating system environments
· Good written/verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment successfully balancing tasks from multiple parties
· Customer Success Focus, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Productivity, Integrity.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries.We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities.Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees.Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionalsin more than 200 countries/regionsand help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together.So, what are you waiting for?Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website atwww.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 192237
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available atwww.siemens.ca .
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter auwww.siemens.ca .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2020