Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Customer Finance Intern.
Customer Finance (CFI) at Siemens Healthineers, North America is looking for a motivated and a positive-attitude intern entering their junior year to join their rotation program for assisting the quote to booking (QTB), Credit Collections (C&C), Pricebook management (PBM), Lifecycle management (LCM), Enterprise Service Finance (ES FI) and Customer Supply Chain Finance (CSC FI) teams. This 2-year rotation program, via a combination of co-op and internships, will provide an opportunity to learn and contribute in 3 of the above departments within CFI for 8 months each. Positions are based in Malvern, PA, or Cary, NC. Students will be required to be on-site when working. 2-year program.
How the Program Works
The student would work full-time during their co-op time, during the summer break, and on extended school breaks; and would be expected to commit to a regular part-time schedule (approximately 10 hours per week) during the regular school semesters during their Junior and Senior years.
The student will work in three different areas for 8 months each, and will get great exposure to and learning in several facets of the customer finance operations of this large medical device company. Their contributions to the business will be significant, and we see those who successfully complete the program to be a feeder pool for our open positions in these areas upon graduation.
Students with an aptitude for and interest in general business administration will do best in this program.
Responsibilities (depending upon the rotation and location):
· Support activities associated with the creation, review, analysis, editing, escalation, and approval of CRM quotes. Includes ensuring compliance with all pricing guidelines, GPO/IDN contract terms and value adds as applicable, profitability analysis as applicable, government coding as applicable, exception management, compliance to the escalation and Limits of Authority policies. Document all activities, decisions, approvals, timelines within quote. Consult with lead specialists on quotes to ensure accuracy.
· Support activities associated with the validation of new contracts and orders including gathering of required contract and configuration documents and receipt of required approvals and signatures.
· Facilitate timely, seamless handoffs to CSC FI, including all required documentation.
· Identify data transmission issues between CRM and SAP systems as needed. Consult with lead specialists to resolve.
· Prepare and review financial models and presentations with middle and senior management.
· Engage and contribute in backlog and revenue management with the CSC FI team.
· Ensure compliance with all finance, accounting, and quality policies.
· Accurately enters instrument orders in SAP.
· Ensure complete and accurate (both contract and non-contract) pricing is in place for customer upon shipment of instrument.
· Create Service contract in SAP to support current service processes for new installations. Ensure uninterrupted service coverage is evident (service contract maintenance) on agreements with bundled service.
· Monitor instrument shipment to ensure accurate contract start date (sets compliance date).
· Ensure all coding in SAP is complete and accurate to facilitate financial reporting.
· Assist the C&C team in the wide range of activities to review and support the C&C processes.
· Support the ES FI team on multi-million dollar transactions in financial planning and analysis.
· Development and support of customer/project income statement and balance sheet positions.
· Tracking and monitoring of customer assets and inventory levels.
· Support and tracking of margin improvement projects at customer sites.
· Support accounting treatment of multiple performance obligation multi-year contracts.
Rising junior in college enrolled for Bachelors in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field.
· Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Completed basic courses for Accounting, Finance, Marketing or Business.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
· Good organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, clickhere .