Siemens Mobility are recruiting for an Assistant Signalling Design Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure business in Derby.
The Assistant Signalling Design Engineer will work under the direction and supervision of more experienced Design Engineers in support of the safe implementation of signalling projects.
What are my responsibilities?
· Carry out design on signalling systems as instructed by more senior engineers
· Ensure technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling system work as instructed
· Perform duties both within the office and on site as directed from time to time in support of signalling projects
· Carry out testing and commissioning of Signalling systems as instructed by more senior Engineers
· Manage own allocated hours for given tasks
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· ONC/HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering (essential)
· Hold or be working towards IRSE Assistant Signalling Designer License (essential)
· Good communication and computer skills (essential)
· An ability and willingness to learn (essential)
· Holder of Personal Track Safety card (essential)
· Able to communicate and work effectively within a dynamic design environment
· Working towards an IRSE Signalling Design License
· Membership of IRSE or other relevant Engineering Institution
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time