From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 x Interns to join our Products & Operations team in our offices in Port Melbourne starting immediately for a period of 6 months. We offer flexibility regarding full time or part time. This role will enable a student to gain practical experience within a corporate environment.
About the team:
The P&O team has the development and life-cycle responsibility for a wide range of Electro-Mechanical systems and products sold into the railway. This ranges from non-integrity to safety related products. The P&O Engineering team are responsible for the development, modification and maintenance of Electro-Mechanical Products and Systems sold across the ANZ and ASEAN region.
The team also supports the Procurement and Operation functions to ensure product components can be readily found with suppliers and the products can be manufactured, assembled and tested efficiently through the factory operations function, PLM gates 300-400.
The principle responsibilities for these roles are in support of a CAD migration project.
· Open assemblies in Solidworks and export as STP files.
· Open the files in Siemens NX and assess for any errors.
· Fix any modelling errors in the parts and assemblies.
· In some cases, remodelling parts and assemblies in NX is necessary.
· Import the parts and assemblies into Teamcenter via NX integration.
· Recreate the workshop drawings to match the released versions that were Solidworks files.
· Update materials finishes and tolerances on the workshop drawings to modern Australian and/or international standards.
· Submit the new drawings and models for checking and review in Teamcenter workflows.
· Revise drawings according to relevant review and checking comments before release to production.
· Check drawings from other migrated products.
· Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
· To analyse requirements and design implementations and assess the effect on safety.
· To be resilient and resourceful to complete the job and get it done as quickly as possible (without impacting quality or safety).
· Data accuracy acumen.
· To seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of technical work, to acknowledge and correct errors, and to credit the contributions of others.
· Identification of areas of improvement but more importantly the offering of solutions and actions.
· To embrace the Siemens values (Responsible, Excellent, Innovative)
· Previous experience using CAD software, such as Solidworks and Siemens NX.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is currently studying with a minimum credit average. You must display the personal characteristics of working well independently, as well as within a small team environment, and build sound working relationships. You have sound problem solving capabilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders within the business.
All Siemens Internships are paid placements. To apply for this exciting opportunity please click on the link below. We will just process applications with Full Australian Work Rights for this role.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time