Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position will be based out of our Costa Mesa facility and is an immediate need. Responsibilities include detailed maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of test fixture and equipment in accordance with Schneider Electric test engineering and quality procedures.
Will work under the direction of the Manufacturing &Test Engineering Manager and collaborate with Test Engineers to perform maintenance and troubleshoot test fixture and equipment to ensure standards are met. Will perform troubleshooting and repairs on testers and fixtures, to component level.
· Perform work flow scheduling and administrative tasks as needed.
· Ensure test equipment is properly maintained and operational.
· Ensure all other assigned tasks are performed in a timely manner.
· Perform maintenance task for tester, fixture, test equipment to ensure the availability, efficiency and effectiveness of the equipment.
· Assist Test Engineer on a day to day tasks.
· Provide backup for Test Engineer as needed.
· Perform work related and in support to continuous improvement activities.
· Other duties as needed.
Ideal candidate profile
This job might be for you if:
· Associate of Arts/Science in Electrical Engineering or Technology from a recognized College, with four (4) year's comparable experience; Certificate of Completion from a recognized Technical Trade School, or in process of attaining and/or Advanced Military technical school, plus four (4) years comparable work experience. High School Degree/GED or equivalent required.
· Experience with high voltage testing a major plus.
· Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, in English.
· Good computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
· Ability to use basic electronic test and measurement equipment, such as DVM's, oscilloscopes, and to correctly interpret the results.
· Ability to use basic hand tools.
· Knowledge of basic soldering techniques and use of soldering equipment
· Must have good color vision, to identify color coded wiring and cables
· Position requires a high level of dexterity and manipulative skill, facility with a wide range of manual and pneumatic hand tools as well as simple test equipment.
· Position will require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 40 lbs. repeatedly over work period.
· Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
· Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust and a limited exposure to fumes and odors.
· Be able to occasionally handle, as required, both hazardous and non-hazardous waste in a safe manner and in compliance with local, state, and federal ordinances.
· Be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
· Be able to work occasional overtime during the week and on Saturday on short notice.
· Able to stand continuously for extended periods of time
· Must be able to regularly ascend/descend ladders and/or stairs through the course of the day.
· Be able to follow posted factory regulations and safety rules.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.