The position of Product Configuration Engineer will leverage technical product knowledge and software development skills while coordinating with cross-functional teams composed of Marketing, Engineering, Global Supply Chain and Information Systems to develop product configuration drawing output for use in sales and engineering processes.
· Understand product offer scope and engineering constraints and apply them in product configuration development tools.
· Develop and maintain product configurator logic and AutoCAD symbol library to automatically generate Front Elevations, One Lines, General Notes, Top and Bottom Views, and Wiring Schematics per customer order.
· Troubleshoot and test drawing outputs to improve quality per customer and offer requirements.
· Improve the quality of drawings generated by the product configurator to enable the drawings to be used by our customers as approval drawings.
· Continuously seek drawing automation development, process improvement, and efficiency opportunities.
· Serve as flexible capacity across multiple products to assist with meeting product development project deadlines.
Ideal candidate profile
Primary Skills and Qualifications
· Understanding of the Engineered to Order business processes and applications (Desired)
· Experience using ACE configurator content development and testing tools. (Desired)
· Experience using AutoCAD drawing application (Required) and/or ACE configurable drawing automation. (Desired)
· Knowledge of Schneider Electric / Square D low and medium voltage electrical distribution products. (Desired)
· Project management skills to develop and manage tasks to support multiple projects at once.
· Accountable, self-motivated and proactive
· Solid and pragmatic problem solving skills