Edge is becoming a key strategic piece for the digitization of our offers. Within the IoT & Digital offers organization we're looking for a passionate, experienced and skilled embedded software developer to help us build the EcoStruxure Edge Framework.
The EcoStruxure Edge Platform team has the responsibilty to build and deliver features from connectivity agent to a full subset of features (computing, machine learning, data storage, ...) embedded in devices and all the software stack for device management from the Cloud.
This technical deliverable gives a unique opportunity to work closely with many businesses within Schneider Electric via numerous interactions.
As an Embedded developer, you will be a key contributor to the new Edge Framework and improving the connectivity agent following the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). You will work closely with Product Management, SCRUM Master and support teams.
As an embedded developer you will:
· Develop new features using coding standards,
· Participate to SCRUM ceremonies,
· Work with support to troubleshoot and provide fixes,
· Work with Product Owner and SCRUM Master to clarify the functional side,
· Participate to design sessions once the functional is clear,
· Participate to Program Incremental planning to help breaking down features.
You will be responsible for:
· Producing state of the art deliveries,
· Ensure your code is testable and can be part of the Continuous Integration,
· Documenting all developed functionalities for seamless integration into Schneider Electric product
Ideal candidate profile
BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) plus 3-5 years of experience in embedded development working of devices firmware or embedded software stacks.
Operating systems: Ubuntu, Yocto, Windows. MbedOS and FreeRTOS is a plus.
Programming language: C, C++. JAVA and .NET is a plus.
Understanding of cross-compilation matters on ARM/x86 architectures and/or different OS such as Linux and Windows.
Understanding of IoT paradigm.
Experience with Azure IoT Hub and/or AWS IoT is a plus.
Knowledge of Git is mandatory.
Knowledge of Docker is mandatory.
Experience in Continuous Integration (Jenkins and/or VSTS is a plus)
Knowledge of field bus such as Modbus, CAN or OPC UA is a plus
Experience of deployment of microservices in an embedded device is a plus