Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are looking for an Electronics Tools Design Engineer to be part of a multi-functional design environment with individual responsibility in the following areas:
· Effective use and adherence to Project Development and product evolution tools and process.
· Conduct Hardware and Software/Firmware design reviews with peers to gain knowledge on the best practices.
· Post product launch responsibilities including customer support.
· Work with the formal verification team to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products.
· Integrate solutions using general purpose off the shelf development boards.
· Software and Firmware development using Integrated Development Environment (IDEs).
· Create GUIs (web based) to manage the Database.
In addition, you will be part of the largest corporation in the world dedicated to the safe distribution and control of electrical energy. As such Schneider Electric is a global company headquartered in Paris with power protection product design centers in Grenoble, France, Shanghai, China, and Cedar Rapids Iowa. Much cross collaboration occurs with these design centers.
This position is located in the Cedar Rapids Iowa global design center. Expectation is approximately 20% travel locally or overseas to affiliate sites, and customers.
Ideal candidate profile
This job might be for you if:
· Bachelors' degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field from a 4 years University. Master's degree in electrical engineering or Computer Engineering or related field is a plus.
· Embedded Firmware Design application experience be able to demonstrate knowledge creating solutions including hardware and firmware design, solutions integrations with off the shelf development boards will be considered.
· +3 years of experience working in a new software development or programming experience.
· Working knowledge with Python, SQL, C Programming, MatLab, and LabView programming.
· Willingness to work in a process driven environment (formalized documentation and approval management environment)
· Be able to train and explain a new Electronic Tool functionality to FSR (Field Service Representatives) in Schneider Electric to be able to use the tools in customer troubleshooting applications.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.