Field Service Technician, Solar - Mid Atlantic Region
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Solar Inverters USA, Inc. is a world leader in advanced power electronics, headquartered near Vancouver, Canada. We are a fast-paced, dynamic cross-functional team-based company. Schneider makes a positive difference in the lives of people around the world by combining proven technology with unparalleled market understanding to bring our customers products that enable the delivery of electricity anytime, anywhere.
The Solar field technician will work with service managers to troubleshoot and repair PV inverters, commission new equipment, and increase customer satisfaction through quality service and professional behavior. We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
You will also work as a level 2 technician on Solar Inverters for PV Plants and the balance of systems. You will closely collaborate within the global team of Service Experts, technicians from different countries, Quality and Sustaining Engineering.
· Commission, troubleshoot, repair and analyze solar (PV) inverters.
· Document and report site visits and service calls.
· Follow site safety procedures and perform work in a safety conscious manner.
· Develop a detailed knowledge of Power Electronics products.
· Perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on solar inverters.
· Travel is mandatory and can range from a 1-6 hour drive radius to flying to other regions within North America
· Continue to train on current and new products
· Retain and apply technical knowledge gained from in-depth training
· Conduct on site safety audits ensuring policy compliance.
· Coordinate PPE maintenance and meter calibration efforts of regional teams.
· Conduct OJT with junior team members and subcontractors to raise knowledge level.
· Keep L3 team informed of regional issues and site statuses.
· Assist Dispatcher and CCC team to coordinate manpower efforts in your region.
· Keep up to date inventory of parts in region (on trucks).
· Ensure regional team is adequately equipped with all necessary inverter specific tools/cables/adapters.
· Perform site audits as necessary.
Ideal candidate profile
Skills and Requirements:
· High level of electrical aptitude with troubleshooting ability
· High level of mechanical aptitude with troubleshooting ability
· Electrical Engineer or Technician with 2 -5 years of experience in power electronics, preferable Solar Inverters, Renewable energy equipment
· Previous utility-scale solar/wind experience preferred
· Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PV systems preferred.
· Experience installing all types of grid-tied inverters preferred
· PV System site inspections experience preferred
· Be passionate, rigorous, and dynamic to be able to teach
· Like sharing your knowledge and experience
· Able to collaborate with different offices in a virtual team
· Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Customer focus, mastering of customer issues identification and solving
· Team spirit
· Ability to travel frequently within the Region and globally with limited notice or no calendar
· Two Year Associates or Four-year degree in electrical/electronics (Mandatory)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.