The Upstream Process Development Group, as a part of Process Development, has responsibilities to support the development and continuous improvement of bioprocess production for manufacturing Flublok influenza vaccine. It encompasses the development of production processes (Batch and Fed-Batch) for seasonal strain changes, evaluation and improvements of process parameters. The Upstream group provides also support to other departments in the organization.
POSITION OVERVIEW/KEY RESPONSIBILTIES
The Cell Line Development Associate will be responsible for planning and performing generation of insect cell lines for recombinant protein production using baculovirus expression system. Tasks include supporting in-house cell line development and evaluation of contracted cell lines. The person will work closely with Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Manufacturing departments.
The Cell Line Development Associate/Scientist will be responsible for planning and performing generation of insect cell lines for recombinant protein production using baculovirus expression system. Tasks include supporting in-house cell line development and evaluation of contracted cell lines. The Scientist will work closely with Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Manufacturing departments.
· Cell line development, including thawing, sub-culturing, freezing, transfection and single cell cloning, adaptation cell lines to serum free condition and suspension culture.
· Recombinant baculovirus generation
· Performing standard molecular biology task such as plasmid DNA purification, genomic DNA and RNA purification from limited number of cells, molecular cloning, RT-PCR.
· Protein Expression in baculovirus insect cells system I shake flasks and 2-10L bioreactors.
· Performs other functions as required or assigned
· Complies with all company policies and standard
· Bachelor's degree required AND 1 years' experience OR
· Master's degree with minimum 3 years' experience
· Experience in cell culture procedures and associated aseptic techniques
· Experience in process development and process scale-up
· Willing to work changing work schedules and hours as needed
· Fluent in both written and spoken English
· Able to work effectively in a collaborative team and to prioritize assignments
· English fluent, both written and spoken.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Academic field of study: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or another Scientific discipline
Experiences in the Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry is a plus
· General laboratory skills, and also experience in process controls will be highly desirable.
· Experience in molecular biology techniques and protein chemistry will be a plus.
· Hands-on experience with bioreactors and recombinant protein production is strongly desired
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.