Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Discover your future…
Sanofi Pasteur’s R&D works with passion to understand and solve some of the world’s most difficult biomedical problems facing patients and their healthcare providers. One of our assets in this quest are Post Doctoral Fellows, who bring an energy and desire to share our passion.
Sanofi Pasteur’s Post Doctoral Fellowships offer a comprehensive training program that provides participants with the opportunity to advance their scientific careers in a leading-edge environment while contributing to Sanofi Pasteur’s effort to bring next generation (transformative) solutions to patient’s most urgent medical needs.
Develops and implements devices and sensors (further referred as PAT solutions) for the in-process and real-time release of commercialized and new vaccine products. Performs studies to select the appropriate technologies that have the greatest impact on the processes at Sanofi Pasteur sites. Collaborates with Bioprocess R&D, Site Quality Operations, and Vaccine Industrial Affairs teams to implement selected PAT solutions applicable to proteins, polysaccharides, residuals, and viruses and to digitize the processes.
Serves as member of project working groups and leads initiatives within the platform or department. Keeps abreast of relevant new technologies and introduces new PAT solutions to the key stakeholders.
Being responsible for effective communication internally and externally as a company representative. For example, interacting with regulatory agencies, potential alliance partners and collaborators. Furthermore, contacting suppliers of reagents and equipment relative to product performance, maintenance and proper usage. Direct and indirect budget control, covering laboratory chemicals, supplies, and equipment. In consultation with the platform director, approves capital equipment purchases and responsible for maintaining capital assets (equipment).
The candidates work consists primarily of widely diverse duties and responsibilities requiring analytical, engineering, constructive and/or innovative thinking to develop solutions. For example, selection and implementation of technology for the in-process and release testing.
· Lead PAT initiatives within platform or department. Assist in the design of engineering and quality aspects to implement PAT solution.
· Author qualification protocols and reports that are clearly written and require minimal editing.
· Promote communication and good teamwork to ensure flexibility in the workplace, and to support the completion of the objectives in Analytical Sciences. Present at the Platform and Department meetings
· Contribute to the development of platform PAT technologies to support Evolutive Facility.
· Work independently with guidance from the team and assistance from other group members.
· Present work and report on the progress at forums such as departmental meetings and post-doctoral poster presentations
· Maintain proper records in laboratory notebooks; prepare required reports and procedures for department databases and other documentation
· Ensures that all tests and processes within area of responsibility meet relevant compliance standards.
· Master biophysical assays (e.g. Raman, FTIR spectroscopy)
· Take a lead and/or make a significant contribution to manuscripts
· Develop and implement PAT solutions for the commercialized and new vaccine processes. Provide supporting data and documentation for regulatory submissions.
· Plan and recommend in-line or on-line testing and characterization strategies to Project teams and subgroups; estimates cost savings and strategic advantages required to implement plan(s) in accord with strategic objectives based on the principles of project management.
· Conduct laboratory experiments to support projects and prepare quality reports to document progress and compliance.
Requirements & Qualifications Education, certifications, required knowledge and/or experience:
· Ph.D. in Biophysics or Bioengineering (Engineering) with a minimum of 2-3 years on-the-job experience with the development and implementation of PAT solutions, e.g., in-line devices and sensors in the pharmaceutical, or oil and gas, or food industry.
· Specific experience in the development of new instrumented biochemical and/or biophysical characterization methods for biomolecules/vaccines is a plus. Familiar with a broad range of analytical instrumentation.
· Proven supervisory/leadership, verbal and written communication, organizational and team skills are required
· Implementation of PAT solutions, e.g., in-line probes and sensors
· Cross-industrial experience, e.g., can be oil and gas, or food industry
· Experience with Automation and interface with process equipment
· Vendor analysis: cost, scientific and technical support, time/experience on market
· Will be required to work within the policies, procedures and regulations as required by the Company and under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· Routine Laboratory immunization Required
· All Candidates must have permanent Canadian work authorization. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
Preferred Qualifications :
· The successful candidate will be a self-motivated creative problem solver who enjoys a hands-on approach to tackling difficult questions and is willing to explore novel approaches on time and on budget
· Experience in maintaining laboratories and equipment in cGMP, GLP compliance. Familiarity with testing in compliance with current regulations is preferred.
· Experience in production environment and process validation is a plus
· Apply through your school’s career services website
· As a required part of Sanofi’s application process, please also apply through our website following the steps below:
Go to https://sanofi.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/StudentPrograms Search R2553878 and select “Sanofi Canada Co-Op University Recruitment Program” Click “Apply” and follow steps to apply online
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.