Reference No. R2546162
Location: Toronto, ON
This position will be responsible for managing a team of payroll and time management associates. The supervisor will ensure payroll is produced in a timely and accurate manner, and that payroll processes are compliant with internal and external laws and requirements.
The payroll supervisor will act as the primary contact with the vendor processing team and with various internal and external business partners to ensure legislative and accurate payroll processing. This includes, but is not limited to Compensation, Finance, Accounting, Lines of Business, Legal, Canada Revenue, Revenue Quebec and other legislative bodies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Generate Canadian payroll for multiple legal entities timely and accurately as required and ensure vendor timelines are adhered to.
· Manage the production of inpatriates payroll, tax payments and reconciliation in collaboration with Deloitte Canada and mobility team as required.
· Provide corrections to Payroll and Time Management System as required to ensure accurate balances and payments are produced in a timely manner.
· Lead the Payroll Year End processing cycle in delivering T4/T4A/RL tax slips to employees, yearend reporting/filing meeting all government agency deadlines and year end accounting.
· Produce accurate and timely end-of-period request for payments within the required timeframes.
· Process payment requests for at source deductions (support payment, seizure, etc.).
· Resolve issues within the Payroll and Time Management System for employees and managers.
· Ensure remittance to all Third-Party Vendors are timely and accurate making necessary adjustments as required.
· Oversee Third Party Audit requests including Government as they relate to payroll accounts and remittance.
· Update as required payroll procedures and ensure they are accurate for the processing of payroll including year end.
· Draft payroll communication from the payroll department for Payroll Manager approval and deployment as appropriate.
· Ensure the completion of the taxable benefits file throughout the year, as well as any other specific elements (support payment etc.).
· Process all incoming mail associated with payroll and payroll remittance and queries.
· Support the updating of the payroll portals to ensure messages and aids are relevant and accurate for the Canadian population.
· Ensure the payroll records are kept and retained in a secure environment meting internal and external retention timelines.
· Generate reporting as required for the internal team and the business (for those that will not have access to reporting tools).
· Help to create and maintain strong team spirit and mutual support within the department.
· Support other team members as appropriate with the process of the payroll / Time Management cycle.
· Serve as subject matter expert in Canadian Payroll processing and legislation.
· Manage the relationship with CRA, MRQ, WCB and Health Tax government agencies.
· Manage the relationship with Service Canada and the related management of WebROE.
· Manage the payroll accounting services, including all payroll tax remittance and third-party vendor (garnishment) payments.
· Manage annual special payment processing, including off-cycle payroll runs as required.
Education and Experience:
· University degree, or qualifications in accounting preferred or relevant experience.
· Minimum College diploma with relevant payroll experience, university degree highly preferred.
· Canadian Payroll Certification, Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation preferred.
· 7 to 10 years’ experience in the payroll field.
· Experience with Globalview (SAP), ADP e-time, and Workday preferred.
· Expertise knowledge of Canadian Payroll Legislation.
· Management experience
· Advanced MS Excel experience required
· Strong communication skills (written / verbal)
· Analytical thinking
· Ability to work independently
· Works efficiently under pressure
· Effective organization of work and priorities
· Client oriented
· Ability to have strong interpersonal relationships
· Independent payroll learning would also be an asset.
· English (written and spoken).
· French (Highly Preferred).
· Time & Attendance system - Human resources system - Payroll system – Excel – SAP - Word
· Occasional business travel
Applications received after the official close date will be reviewed on an individual basis.
NOTE: Internal applicants are required to notify their manager of their application.
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.