Within Finance Business Partner team supporting Development organization and Alliances, your core missions will be to manage strategic financial exercises associated with one of the most key strategic partners for Sanofi (Regeneron) as well as other newly partnerships /acquisitions that occurred lately (Synthorx). Such activities include:
· Budget and Forecasts for both Internal and Alliance P&L
· Portfolio Review with Portfolio Analytics Team (S&BD),
· 5 years Strategic Planning
These activities will be performed with close collaboration with several Project operational teams, PRC Team ( P lanning, R esources and C ost) and finance teams which support Industrial Affairs, Medical and Global Business Unit. This mission includes the utilization R&D dedicated tools (First Financial Tool, Optime/Proview Planning Tool).
Daily interactions with your Alliance counterpart will help ensure compliance with alliance contract deliverables as well as alignment of costs with project strategy/activities. Additionally, you will be responsible for month-end closing activities supporting alliance related activities (accruals, off balance sheet commitment reporting, project commentaries)
You will evolve in a finance business partnering approach with the Global Project Teams (GPT) for projects in Development stage. In addition to the core missions described above, you will be involved in Financial Valuations for new projects/studies, and multiple ad-hoc analyses to support R&D Global Finance. Your ability to quickly understand the R&D value chain and build a strong network will allow you to provide senior executives with valuable operational analyses on Development portfolio that leads to significant financial deviations.
This position offers the opportunity to play a key role on R&D portfolio dynamism, to deal with numerous and attractive transversal responsibilities while contributing to the success of the innovative drugs which will deliver the future growth of Sanofi.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation)
· Customer oriented behavior, willing to solve problems and reach out to business partners
· Proactive and autonomous mindset in order to quickly understand the R&D Value Chain and R&D core model
· Willingness to learn and develop a critical view on Research and Development activities in term of Planning and Costs
· Analytical skills, with very good command of MS Office
· Ability to communicate financial plans to non-finance customers
· Strong commitment to timelines or deadlines
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple objectives at the same time
· Ability to communicate and work effectively in a matrix (culture and organization set-up) environment at all levels including senior management
· Strategic thinker who can understand “big picture” concept
Bachelor’s Degree concentration in Accounting and/or Finance is Preferred
Prefer 2-3 years of Accounting / Finance experience, including public accounting and/or forecasting.
Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology environment is plus. Proven experience in partnering, counseling, and influencing Senior Leaders
Strong business acumen for reporting relevant financial data, verbal and written communication
Strong computer aptitude including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
This position will be based within our Bridgewater, NJ campus, and may require up to 10% overall travel (Domestic and International).
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.