Advanced Analytics - Data Scientist will execute advanced computational approaches to accelerate and optimize evidence-based pharmaceutical product development. He/She will leverage high-dimensional population health data to support R&D, Medical, HEVA, commercial product development, access and business strategy. The Advanced Analytics Data Scientist roles will generate analytics required by healthcare decision makers to support patient access and use of Sanofi medicines and he/she will contribute to the insights required by Sanofi internal teams to develop and commercialize the most impactful medicines.
· Contribute to the Advanced Analytics plans for projects across R&D, Medical Affairs, HEVA and Market Access Strategies and Plans
· Work with the latest tools and technologies that impact drug development.
· Leverage analytics involving large datasets to refine and improve data models.
· Build and construct prototypes of Advanced Analytic work-flows.
· Apply a broad array of capabilities spanning machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, and modelling to extract insights to structured and unstructured healthcare data sources, pre-clinical, clinical trial and complementary real-world information streams.
· Work on a variety of team-based projects providing expertise in analytical and computational approaches.
· Design and implement data models, perform statistical analysis and create predictive analysis models
Required Skills & Experiences:
· Experience with open source technologies, ML libraries, and programming languages (R, python)
· Experience with advanced ML techniques - neural networks/deep learning, reinforcement learning, SVM, PCA, etc.
· An ability to interact with a variety of large-scale data structures e.g. HDFS, SQL, noSQL
· Experience working across multiple compute environments to create workflows and pipelines (e.g. HPC, cloud, Linux systems)
· Experience with any of the following: biomedical data types/population health data/real world data/novel data streams.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· A demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
Desirable Skills & Experiences:
· Experience with reproducible and collaborative technology platforms (e.g. GitHub, containers, Jupyter notebooks)
· Experience with big data analytics platforms and/or workflow tools
· Exposure to NLP technologies and analyses
· Knowledge of some datavis technologies (ggplot2, shiny, plotly, d3, Tableau or Spotfire)
· Relevant Masters degree, with at least 2-3 years of relevant industry experience (level II), or Masters degree with relevant Essential Skills and Experience (level I)
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.