People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada site is home to our Pea Processing Plant, which was named the Project of the Year by the Economic Developers Association of Manitoba at their inaugural Economic Development Awards in 2017. The plant is the largest investment dedicated to pea protein in the food, nutrition and health markets globally so far. This new site will expand Roquette’s production capacity and respond to the growing customer demand for plant-based proteins both in North America and around the world.
Roquette's Pea & Protein Business Line -
Our ambition is to be the long term global leader in New Plant Protein Specialties by offering sustainable, innovative & high quality solutions today & tomorrow. We have more than 40 years’ experience in researching and producing plant protein, and we are a pioneer in plant-based protein specialties We have impressive projects in France and Canada to meet the global booming market demand We are preparing the future with the next generations of proteins solutions. We are building the Healthy world of tomorrow! If working in a growing and exciting environment makes you « HaPea », please join us !
This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the following systems: steam, refrigeration, compressed air, plant water, domestic water, fire suppression and Natural gas
The individual in this position must be fully capable of operating all Boiler/Refrigeration equipment and support systems and capable of performing mechanical repairs in all areas of their responsibility.
· Employee shall ensure safe operation of plant at all times.
· Employee shall conduct self in a professional and safe manner at all times.
· Assist with the isolation of equipment for service, repairs etc.
· Assist in the development of energy control procedures and safe work practices.
· Employee shall participate in investigation , and education programs on hazard assessment and risk migration
· Employee shall participate in safety meetings and toolbox talks, also sharing relevant information to make co-workers more safety aware
· Employees shall partake in adequate training to safely perform their duties
· Adherence / compliance to SOP, Roquette Safety Expectations, safe work practices and risk mitigation tools
· Abide by all safety procedures, company policy and procedure, Government Acts and regulations, as it related to the operation of the department being in compliance with Office of the Fire Commissioner.
· Maintain and operate High-pressure Boilers within design specification of Temperature and Pressure
· Maintain proper pH, alkalinity , TDS and dissolve oxygen in Boiler and Feed water
· Maintain an accurate log book of all activities, and log sheets analyzing data and taking corrective actions
· Monitor Air compressor, Air Dryer and Air intake system for the Utilities Department
· Maintain and operate Refrigeration system efficiently and effectively within manufactures specifications
· Execute efficient and safely start up and shut of all utilities equipment( Boilers, Chillers , Dry Cooling Towers, Air Compressor, Air Dyers)
· Ensures safe and efficient operation of the Boiler, Refrigeration system, Compress Air systems, pumps and all ancillary equipment
· Maintain accurate glycol logs for chill system and Dry Cooling Tower
· Check and maintain accurate inventories for all Utilities replenish able including but not limited to Chemicals, Reagents and testing equipment.
· Perform daily safety checks of covered equipment under the boiler and pressure vessel act
· Prepare standard operating Procedure
· Monitor, start up , shut down Plant equipment from DCS
· Conducts inspection on the fire sprinkler system as required
· Maintain and operate potable water production and waste water treatment Plant
· Maintain and operate water treatment plant within define limits
· Participate in training of New Hires
· Participate in the issuance of Confined Space Entry Permits and Lock out Tag out (lotto) as required
· Performs assigned responsibilities during plant evacuations due to fire and gas.
· The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the principle and operation of the Boiler/Refrigeration/potable water production/waste water monitoring system and have the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates.
· Responsible for informing Utilities Supervisor, potential issues related to the Boilers, the Refrigeration unit and potable water unit.
· Accountable for troubleshooting Boiler failures/Water production/Waste water compliance, determining work around and reporting deficiencies, problems to Head of Production.
· Maintains work area in a clean and functional condition
· Participation in training activities appropriate to the position and incorporates acquired skills and knowledge.
· Work with Maintenance, Engineering and other departments on issues.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Responsible to take action / adjust variables to meet quality and productivity standards
· Responsible for product meeting defined quality standards for operations.
· Ensure compliance with all HACCP procedures – Food grade water, steam and refrigerated fluid in chiller
· Participate in continuous improvement programs
· Know and respect the rules concerning safety, quality, hygiene and the environment.
· Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the Roquette Pea processing plant and its operations.
· Good Analytical skills and ability to look for technical solutions to all process related problems.
· Must be able to use written logbooks, the plant computer system (CMMS/ SAP).
· Must be able to read and interpret written instructions, manufacturers’ manuals, material safety data sheets, and engineering drawings.
Education: Must hold a valid Class 2 Power Engineer license; Chemistry background
· 5 – 7 years’ experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
· Experience in operating large Utilities facilities (power distribution, steam generation, vacuum systems, compressed air systems, water distribution systems, Fire Protection System and Refrigeration system with Glycol as Secondary Refrigerant )
· In depth knowledge and experience in troubleshooting is require
· Control room experience – monitor complex processes and coordinate critical activities
· Maintenance experience – prioritize assets maintenance to ensure plant reliability
· Incumbent must be able to cover shifts as the need of the Business dictates. Will be required to cover sick and vacation Coverage.
· Must be able to work under extreme conditions, such as hot, wet and cold environments, Noise, inside and outside of the Plant.
· Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, catwalks and able to work at heights and inside confined spaces
· Must be able to use personal protective equipment, such as respirators, SCBA, and safety harness
Business Trips (Percentage): Up to 10%
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!