People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop , contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
A career with Roquette will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference as you work with some of the brightest individuals in the industry who use innovation and continuous improvement to solve challenging problems, while increasing efficiency and reducing waste. Our goal is to drive growth in the manufacturing industry to achieve and sustain best-in-class standards in everything we do.
The Global Engineering function ensures that CAPEX projects are delivered on time with the best technologies at the most competitive cost. The challenge of this function is to “deliver quickly competitive cash machines for our short term growth”:
- Develop best technical solutions to answer our business needs
- Deliver new installations : design safe installations & install safely ne w capacities
- Provide technical support & expertise to our operations
- Maintain & develop our technical know-how &innovate
Interested in joining an experts’ team ?
Roquette America’s manufacturing facility in Keokuk, Iowa is an expansive continuous processing corn wet-milling facility that proudly produces corn-based starches, syrups and polyols used in many food and beverage applications as well as in pharmaceuticals, paper products, cosmetics and agricultural goods.
This position will be responsible for all DCS/PLC related equipment and network systems, including but not limited to specifying and commissioning DCS/PLC controllers, I/O, and network hardware for new projects, making upgrades to existing systems, troubleshooting system problems, and developing DCS/PLC software and operator graphics to control plant processes and packaging equipment.
· Specify DCS/PLC hardware and software and ensure that systems are properly designed, installed, and maintained to meet production requirements. This includes equipment supplied by OEMs.
· Maintain DCS/PLC hardware, including communications network, to ensure proper operation throughout the Keokuk facility.
· Design software and graphics to support new projects and upgrades to existing systems.
· Participate in projects with cross-functional groups including the optimization team, production managers, and team leaders to increase production output and reliability of existing systems.
· Provide technical support to operations and maintenance personnel to resolve problems with system operation and hardware.
· Provide on-call and off-hour coverage as required and needed.
· Aspen data collection programming / setup.
· Proficient with ladder logic programming with Rockwell PC applications such as RS Linx, RS NetWorx and RS Logix 5000 preferred
· Proficiency with PLC networking configurations for DH+, Ethernet and DeviceNet desired
· Fiber-optic and industrial electrical systems experience desired
· Demonstrates process controls and packaging systems knowledge
· Capable of reading and understanding P&ID drawings and control schematics
· Proficient with Emerson RS3 & Foxboro AI DCS programming with both hardware assignments and software control programming.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or Computer Science or two-year technical school degree in Electrical Controls or Information Technology
· 3-5 years computer programming and computer networking experience required
· 3-5 years experience in automated control systems, including but not limited to design and programming PLCs and HMIs preferred
· 3-5 years experience Emerson RS3 programming experience
· 3-5 years experience Foxboro AI DCS programming experience
· Demonstrates understanding of industrial safe work practices
· Demonstrates behaviors including self-directed, strong organizational skills, and detail oriented
· Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to changing environment and job assignments
· Demonstrates ability to execute, manage and / or develop projects effectively
· Demonstrates strong computer skills utilizing MS Office products
· Ability and willingness to work in a chemical plant environment
· Ability and willingness to provide on-call and off-hour coverage as needed
We expect four leadership skills from all our employees:
• Act like a valuable team member
• Target quality and excellence
• Be disciplined and compliant
• Make decisions quickly and with determination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer “AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug-Free Workplace”
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!