· Job facts
The System Engineer in Roche Sequencing Solutions will be part of the system development team focusing on the development of cutting edge next-generation sequencing products for RUO & IVD applications.Investigates and evaluates existing technology. Designs and implements new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products. Develops new concepts from initial design to market release. Conducts feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended. Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development. Coordinates activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.
• After introduction to work processes, begins to organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding. Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisors/project leader. Communicates results of experiments. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
• Evaluates new equipment and techniques. • Selects techniques to solve problems and makes sound design recommendations.
• Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements.
• With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and find solutions.
• May coordinate work of technologists & technicians and other support personnel, as needed within the project context.
• Work is typically routine/standard in nature; non-routine situations may arise, but are typically limited in complexity and frequency.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, sciences, or related field required
- 0-3 years relevant work experience with basic knowledge of System Development principals, concepts, theories. Master's degree with fewer years of work experience may be acceptable.
- Experience in the following areas is also desirable:
· System Architecture and Analysis, Requirements Management, and Design Verification process for biomedical systems is desirable.
· Risk Analysis methods, Reliability Engineering, Design Transfer activities for product manufacturing is desirable.
· Exposure to Nucleic acid based technology and next-generation sequencing
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Technical Development, Technical Development > Medical Device Technology Development
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.