· Job facts
Start Up (Trainee) Science– Diagnostic Assay Development (m/f/d)
For our Start-Up Program, we are looking for committed young professionals who can implement projects relevant to our company and shape change with strategic vision, expertise and an international orientation.
Why should you, as a young professional, apply at Roche?
# Are you looking for a way to start your career in a systematic, structured and well-managed way?
# Would you like to test yourself and take on responsibility at an early stage?
# Would you like to build up a broad and international network?
# Would you like to be accompanied and developed by experienced managers as personal mentors?
# Do you want to prepare yourself for taking on management tasks or pursue a career with your specialist knowledge?
This is your chance!
As Start Up (Trainee) Science – Assay Development (m/w/d) in the area of Heterogeneous immunoassays, you will support the development of new immunoassays and the launch of new automated analyzers for human samples by applying chemical reagents on these systems and evaluating their performance and by optimizing and safeguarding the performance through appropriate measures (e.g. innovative evaluation).
In detail, the following tasks await you:
· Development and verification of applications of heterogeneous immunoassays on the Elecsys® system platform
· Development of solution strategies for the continuous increase in sensitivity and for assay improvements of immunoassays in the Anemia and Hormones indications
· Creation of application data of introduced assays on new system platforms
· Project management, coordination and documentation
· Collection of approval-relevant data, as well as publication and legal protection of the technical results
· Documentation according to internal guidelines of quality management (SOP´s, QVA´s)
· Compliance with all safety and environmental protection-related requirements and laws
In addition to intensive on-the-job training, you will receive individual support through seminars and workshops. You will build up your personal network with current and former trainees as well as with colleagues in other functions and areas.
What else you can expect:
At Roche, you have the opportunity to set individual accents within the program. We will provide you with challenging tasks and help you to make targeted progress. We work with you to define your performance and development goals, because we want to work with you on your career at an early stage. In addition to intensive on-the-job training, we offer you individual support in the form of seminars and workshops. You will build up your personal network with current and former trainees, as well as with colleagues in other functions and areas, and thus gain a lot of experience and insight in a currently changing environment. You will actively help to shape these changes.
You fulfill the following prerequisites:
· Completed doctorate in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or comparable subject area
· Sound knowledge of biochemical analysis and immunology
· Practical experience with biochemical working methods, preferably with microtiter assays and immunological tests.
· Experience with EDP-supported data evaluation
· First experiences in project management
· Communicative skills, social skills and resilience even under deadline pressure
· Very good spoken and written German and English skills
· Resilient even under tight deadlines, great creativity in problem solving, teamwork
· Ambition and talent to quickly take on management responsibility after 36 months
This position is limited to 3 years.
Have we aroused your interest?
# If we are convinced, a telephone interview will take place
# If you also manage to convince us here, the last step is a virtual selection process
Apply for this position by 30-Apr-2020
Do your expectations coincide with ours? Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, certificates and references). Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Work location: Penzberg
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQs.
If you have any questions regarding the content or specific recruiting questions to the posted position, please contact the responsible recruiter (Ms. E. Lobentanz, +498856/602043).
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
Die Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern der drittgrößte Standort im Konzern. Neben den Vertriebsorganisationen in Deutschland (Roche Pharma AG und Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) fokussiert die RDG auf das operative Geschäft. In den beiden Standorten Mannheim und Penzberg werden neue diagnostische Tests und pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe für den weltweiten Markt entwickelt und produziert.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.