· Job facts
Principal Scientist Bulk Ops 2nd Shift(3:00 pm -11:30 pm)
· Oversee 2nd shift bulk production activities ensuring adherence to schedule and other deliverables.
· Perform people management activities such as coaching/development, performance evaluation and every day guidance.
· Conceives, plans and conducts independent production work or project work from inception through product launch and field support, defining schedules, and applying advanced scientific knowledge to complete projects.
· Designs experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes, and analyzes and interprets data/results.Recommends new or creative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility.
· Participates and leads project planning, production scheduling, process updates, and experimental design.Assumes responsibility for timely completion of projects or assigned work, ensuring activities are consistent with project critical path and responding appropriately to changing priorities.
· Ensures technical activities under delegated supervision are conducted within internal and external guidelines and regulations (including QSR and FDA regulations).Interacts and collaborates with other departments to further project goals.
· Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in production records, hard copy notebooks and/or electronic laboratory notebooks.Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments. Works on diverse problems requiring significant analysis and evaluation of intangible variables; may refer to established precedents and policies.
· Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars/meetings.Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports, investigations and documents.Prepares summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
· Serves as an expert resource to other departments (e.g., Manufacturing/Operations, Development,Quality, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies, and International Technical Services), provides timely response and follow-ups.
· Participates in the expeditious transfer of products and technologies by providing scientific knowledge and assistance. May lead investigations of non-conformances.Provides technical advice/guidance to junior scientific staff, leads project teams to solve business problems of moderate size risk and complexity and serves as an overall role model.
· May manage a project budget, but generally budget oversight belongs to a higher level manager.
· May represent RMD as primary contact on projects.
· Frequent contact with external resources and contacts at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects and interacts with senior personnel from other RMD departments or Roche companies onmatters often requiring coordination between departments/organizations.
· Positions with people management responsibility have full HR responsibility for direct and indirect reports which includes hiring/firing decisions, interviewing, selections, performance feedback, discipline, pay decisions and handling employee grievances/complaints.
Job requirement will include ability to perform in the aseptic environment. Wear personal protective equipment, such as eye, foot, lab coat, mask, gowning coveralls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
Required:Bachelor's Degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
Preferred: Master's Degree or Ph.D.
Years of Experience
Required: 6 years relevant industry experience.
Preferred:7 + years of relevant industry experience.
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Equivalent combination of education and work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience in assay optimization, experimental design, versatile laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
10% Based on business needs
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.