· Job facts
Ensure PI (Pharma Informatics) invests in projects and initiatives that drive business value and innovation, and accelerate the speed in getting our medicines to patients through enterprise thinking and cross portfolio awareness.
What you'll be working on:
Typical capabilities expected:
· Connecting to business strategy, drive a common understanding of the informatics portfolio, and ‘connect the dots' with other portfolios across Pharma and Group Informatics
· Support Portfolio Managers to work across the orgs and across networks on reporting requirements and analysis.
· Highlight and identify risks/impediments in the portfolio and lead the development of subsequent actions to minimize/mitigate project failure (delayed/over budget)
· Ensure resources are effectively deployed and tracked for optimizing investments
· Embrace continuous improvement mindset, and model or coach the use of Agile/lean best practices and innovation
· Identify/Consolidate Portfolio insights, and present analysis (e.g. Portfolio Strategic backlog, Resource Mgmt, Risks)
· Support Agile ceremonies, including Network Sync, Organization Business Review (OBR), Quarterly Business Review (QBR), etc.
· Support the operations of squads within Network in the new ways of working.
· Portfolio Management Tool support
The ideal candidate:
· Strategic thinker—aligns to top business priorities, and has a strong passion and knowledge of our business and business partners
· Courageous and focused—Influencing, driver, listener who is not afraid to ask for help, escalate or say No
· Strong Communication: written and verbal with executive presence; focus on consistent communication of intent and help people understand the why
· Has a passion for ensuring good business planning and investments demonstrating, business acumen, financial and resource savviness and has appropriate certifications, if required.
· Prepared to lead change in our organisation, supporting senior leaders to partner with our business stakeholders in managing our IT portfolio
· An Agile mindset with ability to pivot between roles and approaches based on team needs
· Strong soft skills typically required in stakeholder engagement (empowering people, influencing, negotiation, conflict management)
· 2+ years of experience in IT related work
· Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail; strong teamwork and organizational skills
· Willingness to travel if required (10%)
· Experience within Pharmaceutical/ BioTech industry and prior experience at Roche is a plus
· Portfolio management experience is a plus
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Portfolio and Project Management
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.