· Job facts
As a Scientific Writer within the Marketing Communications team at Roche Sequencing, you will research, storyboard, and write agnostic, educational materials for the next-generation sequencing industry. Focus topics include RNA-seq, target enrichment, sequencing degraded samples.
· Develop agnostic, educational content including articles, blog posts, video scripts and presentations for our next-generation sequencing audience
· Consult with clients and subject matter experts to shape the design and development of content
· Research, learn, and distill complex scientific information and communicate it clearly to the target audience
· Collaborate with a group of individuals with diverse skills—marketing managers, sales, scientific support team—to ensure that our educational materials are engaging, accurate, and relevant to our industry
· Attend status calls and review meetings with teams that may consist of members from Scientific Support, Sales, Marketing, and Regulatory departments
· Occasionally participate in the development of marketing presentations
· Chicago Style preferred
· BS/BA in molecular biology or similar; masters or PhD welcomed
· Background in target enrichment and RNA sequencing from degraded input or other challenging samples
· Experience in oncology a strong plus
· Experience with science journalism a bonus
· Love for writing and education
· Writing Sample Required with Application
· Willingness and ability to
· Navigate between multiple and changing projects, tasks, and priorities
· Meet deadlines
· Work independently and collaboratively in a team
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Documentation & Technical Writing
· Who we are
As a global leader in healthcare, Roche Diagnostics offers a broad portfolio of products, tools and services that help in the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases like HPV, HIV, hepatitis and diabetes as well as other medical conditions, such as fertility and blood coagulation. These products and services are used by researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals and laboratories worldwide to help improve people's lives.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.