Guided by the pioneering spirit since 1906, Montblanc revolutionized the culture of writing with breakthrough innovations.
Today, the Maison continues to push boundaries and evolve the expression of fine craftsmanship across each of its product categories: the pinnacle of luxury writing instruments, timepieces, leather goods, accessories, fragrances and eyewear.
With every innovation, Montblanc offers new functionalities and groundbreaking designs imbued with the Maison’s heritage of sophistication and crafted to the highest standards through the skills of its artisans in each of its manufactures whether Hamburg, Germany for its writing instruments, the Swiss Jura in Le Locle and Villeret for its timepieces or Florence, Italy for its leather goods. Reflecting its ongoing mission to create fine lifetime companions born from the most pioneering ideas, the iconic Montblanc Emblem has become the ultimate seal of performance, innovation, quality and expression of style.
With its origins deeply rooted in the culture of handwriting, Montblanc continues to assert its cultural commitment around the world with the creation of wide-ranging initiatives to promote arts and culture in many forms, while honouring the modern day patrons who support the advancement of the arts.
As an employee of Montblanc North America, you are also part of the global Richemont group of luxury brands. Please explore www.Richemont.com at your leisure.
Montblanc is a producer of exclusive products such as watches, jewelry, writing instruments, and fine leather goods which reflect the outstanding standard in culture, quality, tradition and craftsmanship. Montblanc is represented in 30 boutiques in the United States and 500 boutiques across the world.
· Possess strong product knowledge of the entire line of Montblanc products.
· Advise and assist customers with their choices of Montblanc products for themselves and for gifts.
· Capture client information and actively develop a client base, consistently adding information to further promote boutique relationships.
· Regularly contact clients regarding new products, events and follow up.
· Provide outstanding customer service.
· Develop a working knowledge of simple pen repair and after sales service techniques.
· High expectations placed on teamwork and the ability to work professionally with fellow sales associates
· Previous work experience should include retail sales.
· Experience in fine watches, jewelry, or luxury goods are desirable.
· Mandarin language skills desirable
· A positive professional attitude and presentation.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Microsoft Windows, register systems, and internet applications.