Relevant, masculine and British. Since 1893, Alfred Dunhill has been engineering unique and stylish luxuries for men. We seek people who have commitment and drive with a strong commercial focus, and will thrive in a creative environment that encourages innovative thinking.
dunhill are currently looking for a Leather Modelist to join their established Manufacturing team within their Walthamstow workshop.
To work closely with and support the Senior Model Maker in order to develop and produce high quality small leather goods, bags, gift items and luggage using handmade techniques.
To work closely with the Senior Model Maker on:
· Drawing interpretation
· Pattern creation
· Mock Up and prototype making
· Completion of specification sheets
· General bench assembly work (preparing leather skins, cutting, splitting, skiving, gluing, edge dyeing and finishing , machine sewing, hand stitching, metal accessory fixing and foil blocking)
To ensure all leather products are developed to the standards required by dunhill:
· Manage own time, in liaison with the Senior Model Maker, to produce products within agreed standard times
· To assist colleagues in the team when required
· To utilise current leather skills and share these through training and guidance with other team members
· To take part in any training with is offered to upskill current leather working skills
· Maintain a safe & healthy working environment and comply with company guidelines
Skills & Experience Required:
To have a thorough understanding, and to be capable of performing to the required quality level in all the processes involved in the creation, development and manufacture of Luxury leather goods.
To learn all aspects of the creation, development and production of luxury leather goods within the Alfred Dunhill Collection.
If you are a creative individual with attention to detail, apply now!