P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Can you spot issues, problems, or anomalies quickly? If so, you could be a fit for this exciting role! As an Industrial Microbiologist, you'll have an impact across various functions of our supply chain. You will be doing work that matters to our business and operations and is critical to everything we hold dear. You won't just be watching how things work, but rather you'll need to impact our business at the points where it matters most. If our product isn't up to the highest quality standards, we need you to tell us and help us make things better.
The Industrial Microbiologist provides the necessary microbiological expertise to the manufacturing operations in the region to enable them to become self-sufficient and capable to dealing with new initiatives, products and microbiological incidents rapidly and appropriately. You will ensure that the current methodologies and future innovative on-line rapid technologies for microbiological evaluations and testing are implemented across the region in compliance with Procter & Gamble and regional/countries regulations.
Our QA team strives for nothing but the best every single day. It's one of the key reasons over 5 billion consumers purchase our products around the world. On our team, you'll play a key part in driving the integrity of our brands and helping us deliver our Quality Promise: "Quality our consumers, customers, regulators, and employees trust - everywhere, every time."
We expect you to ensure quality/micro requirements and expectations are well understood, deliver against compliance and regulatory requirements with perfection, and assure an exceptional consumer experience - this would be your work every day.
· Train and qualify the site microbiologists according to established step up cards. Aligning Site Microbiologist training/qualification plan with Site Quality Assurance (QA) managers.
· Support site QA mangers with leading and sustaining the development of the microbiological capability at manufacturing sites.
· Provide leadership and expertise to PS and QA to minimize business losses associated with microbial contamination.
· Support site microbiologist ensuring the transition of all initiative with micro risks eliminated or risk mitigated.
· Become the single point of contact for a specific category or technology within the region and demonstrate coordinated approach managing and presenting relevant information for the region. Efficient interaction with global points of contact in order to share learnings and become a recognized expert for that sector/category.
· Train and qualify the sites in new microbiological test methods. Lead site method verification process when needed working closely with R&D Microbiology representatives.
· Review site data and manage regional scorecards and metrics. Follow up with their assigned sites to ensure they are timely providing the scorecard data on monthly basis.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Capability in assessing, developing and implementing micro risk management strategies within manufacturing or supply operations including the initial development and ongoing revisions of MDM (Micro Daily Management) programs, micro risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
· The ability to build technical capability in plant resources at all levels including transfer of methods, troubleshooting skills, equipment design and investigative skills
· A demonstrated capability of troubleshooting issues with existing products and processes to root cause, and ability to identify and implement systemic fixes.
· The ability to translate complex issues into a meaningful set of recommendations that can be understood by non-microbiologists.
· The ability to assess the impact of new processes or product initiatives on the region/site and to develop or implement appropriate plans (i.e. change control follow up, SOP revisions, validation requirements).
· Enjoy leading work across multiple categories. This will be done in order to develop and implement standard approaches. The ability to influence those outside his/her own function in order to align on common work practices is important.
· Have strong communication, leadership and influencing skills across all levels of the organization.
· Have a proven track record of establishing effective training programs for microbiology across organizations.
· Understand theappropriate regulatory and compliance requirements for the site/region.
· A Bachelors of Science degree in a technical field (i.e. biology, microbiology, biochemistry, medical technology, food/dairy sciences or related field)
· Will travel 25% of the time
· 3-5 years of industrial microbiological experience.
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
The Value of a P&G Career
· Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
· We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
· We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
· Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
· What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Job Type: Full-time Req No: QA 00000130