Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology an equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Plant technicians are hired at entry level as members of a work team. Technician work teams are responsible for keeping production flowing, for meeting performance goals and for maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
Our technicians do various types of work, including controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. Technicians are expected to get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems.
The Procter & Gamble Cincinnati Chemicals Plant is located at 5201 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217 and operates 7-days per week, 365 days a year. Technicians must be willing to work rotating shifts and work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Work on weekends and holidays may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Requirements (skills / experience) for the role:
In order to perform the work described above in our manufacturing atmosphere, plant technicians must perform the below
· Work the same schedule as team including 12 hour rotating shifts, 5 day and 7-day schedules
· Lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
· Push and pull objects up to 80 lbs.
· Climb a vertical tank ladder and tank stairs. Ability to go up and down.
· Climb up and down stairs - Stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time, twist, bend at the knees, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and reach for purposes of operating and maintaining equipment
· Stand on concrete, gravel, asphalt (uneven surfaces)
· Operate a computer keyboard to input and access data
· Work at heights and wear appropriate fall equipment
· The ability to work in extreme temperatures both hot and cold
· The ability to give and discern the various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment startup, evacuation, and fires
· Motorized Vehicle Operations—MVO includes medical surveillance for Forklift, Platform Lift Trucks, Scissor Lift, Powered Pallet Trucks, Buggies, Gators, Motorized Carts, Golf Carts, trucks and vans used to transport equipment or personnel within the perimeter of the site
Participate in Medical Surveillance Testing:
· Annual Audiogram
· Annual Physical
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
· 18 years of age or older
· Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
· Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
· Use basic hand and power tools
· Display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
· Maintain accurate records and data
· Strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of computers
Additionally, the safety of Technicians is of great importance to Procter &Gamble. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, ear protection, eye protection, SCBA respirator and harness fall protection.
Just so you know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Manufacturing Req No: MFG00007031