We are a leading company in the manufacture of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) making some of the world’s best loved brands like Gillette, Fairy and Oral. We are looking to hire motivated and high calibre experienced time served technicians at our London (West Thurrock) Site. This type of role will suit the person who is looking for a career and not a job. We are a build from within company and expect those recruited to want to be developed to move up our pay reward system.
We have a number of roles in our electrical maintenance department, for line electrical roles. The key responsibilities include:
· Supporting the line team in the planned maintenance execution, defect fixing, recording and execution of improvements of issues of an electrical nature on production lines
· Maintaining and continuously improve the Maintenance Work Planning & Scheduling for their line. Constantly looking for ways to improve their equipment, processes and systems.
· Responding to break downs and production issues on the lines that require agile and flexible electrical support
· Planning electrical work, liaising with suppliers and sourcing parts for daily work.
Please note, the majority of our electrical maintenance technician roles are shift roles. There are a few day roles available which we might offer to candidates based on their previous demonstrated experience.
What we Offer You
Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/left balance: Competitive holiday allowance, overtime, P&G discount site, staff shop, local event tickets and more.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions – all in line with your results, peformance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
To be considered for these roles, you must have the appropriate skill and capability from the following criteria:
· Be qualified to a minimum of ONC/C&G Part III or HNC/NVQ Level 3 in an Electrical Engineering time served apprenticeship.
· Have proven electrical experience in either process or a production environment related to Fast Moving Consumer Goods or similar industry. Have completed work similar to that described above
· Have some electrical experience in the following manufacturing processes including PLC control systems, SCADA systems, instrumentation and 415v motor control circuits.
· Fluent ability to communicate in English
Just to you know at Procter & Gamble #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Thurrock, England, United Kingdom Job Type: Full-time Req No: MFG00006670