Are you ready to gainnew skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology andequipment for the world’s biggest brands? Do you thrive in a dynamicenvironment? We’re looking for great teammates who know how to lead duringbusiness-related challenges and keep us running smoothly. Working behind thescenes in our manufacturing plants, Andover Plant Technicians are vital to the successof our business at P&G.
We hire you at entrylevel and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenanceand leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand intoelectrical, quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas ofexpertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work under minimal supervision including,troubleshooting and maintaining electrical control systems, process controlsystems, instrumentation, and operator interface terminals for large scalemanufacturing. These systems contain multiple PLCs, Servos, HMIs, Instrumentsand Inspection systems. You are responsible for keeping production flowing,meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality thatconsumers expect from our products. We want you to get involved, take charge ofsituations and confront business-related problems.
We offer you:
· Ownership of your work from your first day
· Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
· The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
· Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
· Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt theseskills will help you on the job:
· Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
· Maintaining accurate records and data
· Display strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
We believe in order tobe able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physicalrequirements:
· Use basic hand and power tools
· Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
· Enter confined spaces
· Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Andover Procter& Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent andrelocation is generally not paid.Technicians work any day of the week,including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of theTechnician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and productionrequirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of workshifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours perday. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working twoor three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate andto work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked asovertime.
Are you ready to jointhis renowned team?
are assessed in the pre-screen questionnaire
WE BELIEVE YOU WILL BE AN EXCELLENT FIT HERE IF, YOU ARE:
· Are 18 years of age or older
· Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
· Have the ability to obtain and maintain MA Journeymen’s License after the completion of the state mandated documented hours or have education in electronics and/or currently working on documented hours towards this special license
· Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
· Willing to work rotating shifts
· Can complete Low Voltage Qualification
JUST SO YOU KNOW:
· Relocation is generally not paid
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
· Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
· Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
· Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Andover, Massachusetts, United States Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Manufacturing Req No: MFG00006933