Overview of Role
Do you know that P&G’s Hair Care Business in Asia is a strategically important part of our global Hair Care organization? It is a dynamic and evolving market with ample opportunities to tap on, innovate and drive digital capabilities!
Keen to get your hands-on innovative digital solutions for our Hair Care category comprising of brands like Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice and Herbal Essences?
We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Engineer to join our team to help us revolutionize our work processes. Our group is focused on delivering breakthrough, transformational technology platforms for the R&D Hair Care Packaging organization.
If this sounds exciting to you, read on!
Located at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center, you will part of the Packaging Development organization. You will have the opportunity work in multi-functional teams and engage with both internal and external partners.
How success looks like
Over time, the successful candidate will become a Digital Solutions expert in the Hair Care category. You will demonstrate:
· Strong ownership and leadership skills. The capacity to understand the business objective and the technical problem to be solved and the ability to collaborate with project teams for iterative testing of systems and tools during the development process.
· The ability to independently work project priorities and handle a wide variety of complex, non-routine/routine tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· The talent of recognizing capabilities or technologies that can be reapplied across programs
· Work closely with project teams to identify, prioritize and help develop digitization opportunities that transform the way we work
· Lead the design, development and execution of digital projects
· Build and integrate databases, design APIs and work in close partnership with UX/UI developers and/or external partners to ensure the holistic development of systems and tools
· Partner with category experts to take on-going digital transformation projects to the next level, integrate multiple efforts and systems into one end-to-end ecosystem
· Solve technical problems that arise in projects and help grow the data engineering expertise of the team via coaching and training of others
· Mastersdegree in IT, Data Engineering or related fields
· Minimum 2 years relevant experience
· Trained in relational database design and deployment including SQL and Azure
· Trained and experienced in API development using multiple frameworks and tools including Python, Flask, Django, Swagger, Docker
· Knowledge and experience using collaboration tools like GitHub, Azure DevOps.
· Strong SQL language skills required. Knowledge of front-end development and technologies and/or ETL development would be an advantage
· Solid foundation in building efficient, scalable data models that meet a given data storage problem
· Able to independently work project priorities and handle a wide variety of complex, non-routine/routine tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Research & Development Req No: RND00004799