Do you want to be part of a group that provide the expertise and proficiency in data-based analytics about consumer, retailers and market understanding and insight? Business Analysts (BA) are group of specialists in P&G belonging to the Analytics & Insights (A&) Department. The core work is to identify & activate growth opportunities for our brands and deliver P&G business goals by using data and analytics to derive impactful consumer and business insights!
This role reports to the PH Analytics & Insights Leader, working with both Consumer Market Knowledge (CMK) and IT Analysts. Working in the A&I team in P&G, you will be embedded in the Country Sales & Marketing Organization working closely with the business teams to grow the P&G Philippines business!
What success looks like
· Ability to demonstrate, translate and communicate sophisticated data or algorithms into simple conclusions and business measurable insights
· Ability to query and analyze large amounts of data and to triangulate across data sources
· Ability to utilize statistical tools and programming to deliver analysis and analytical solutions
· Ability to develop models, based on deep-dive statistical analysis & modeling
· Excellent leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to work within diverse organizations and teams
Responsibilities of the role
· Embed data analytics & decisions into P&G's monthly business process, based on both external data (e.g. market share and household consumption and Point-of-Sales/POS Data) and internal data (e.g. sales data)
· Lead category/channel deep-dives (e.g. Baby Care/shave Care/Skin Care or HyperSuper/DrugPharma/ecommerce) to identify portfolio opportunities / business drivers opportunities to accelerate business
· Lead forecasting on Market Size Estimates and Market Share Growth projections
· Improve Media/Trade effectiveness and enable media/trade cost saving by running analytics
· Deliver Data science or innovation projects to tackle existing business questions differently by IoT, automation, external data, etc
· Our analytics are a combination of insight and foresight. Overall work would be a good mix of delivering today (30-40% time/capacity) and creating tomorrow (60-70% on innovation/data science projects).
· Bachelors or Masters degree level qualifications. Preferred subject areas include (but not limited to): Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Physical Sciences
Preferred Coursework / Experience:
· At least 2+ years professional experience in Consumer Insight/Data Science & Analytics/Market Research
· Knowledge Areas: Statistics and its application to Attributive & Predictive Modeling; Machine Learning, Big data Mining and AI
· Statistical Packages: Matlab, SPSS, SAS
· Programming / Database Languages: Python, R, SQL
· Visualization Tools: Power BI, Spotfire, Tableau
· Platforms: Knowledge / experience with Hadoop, SPARK, Knime
· Experience: Participated in Kaggle or other data analytics competition
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Neurobion, Sangobion, Vicks, Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Information Technology Req No: IT 00002798