Product and Process Systems Modeling Mission
The Product and Process Systems Modeling Section integrates data and theory to develop innovative products and processes. We are responsible for the research, development, and deployment of new modeling capabilities which are required to drive innovation and productivity in product and process development. We are part of P&G’s Corporate Functions. We apply the Process Systems Engineering paradigm in all our Business Units to the design and optimization of complex products and processes.
The Product and Process Systems Modeling Section is recruiting a post-doctoral research associate to support the use of Product and Process Systems Modelling within P&G. The successful candidate will use equation-oriented modelling tools such as gPROMS to develop, validate, and exploit models to make optimal business decisions.
At a minimum:
· The candidate will possess a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering with a specialization in process systems engineering.
· The candidate must have demonstrated, in previous work, the ability to
· use chemical engineering science to derive the appropriate continuum equations for a given system (unit operation, product or other application);
· implement these equations in a suitable modelling package or programming environment;
· verify the implementation of the model;
· validate the model using experimental data; and
· communicate the results to an audience in written and verbal form.
· The candidate must have a sound understanding of the numerical methods that were used to solve the model.
· The candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly using English.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
· Translate a problem description into a plan of action.
· Communicate plans, concepts, and results to audiences of varying technical capabilities.
· Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
· Stay up to date on the state-of-the art in systems modeling technologies.
Knowledge of one or more of the following topics is a plus
· Mathematical optimization techniques
· Model validation techniques including identifiability, estimability and sensitivity analyses
· Discretization techniques for partial differential equations
· Statistical thermodynamics
Applicants must supply an up-to-date CV including a list of publications, a cover letter and at least two references using the “Apply Now” link below.
Applicants must supply CV, cover letter and at least two references below, spaces fill quickly so please apply as soon as possible. In case of questions please contact pinto.ma @pg.com & w firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to Know
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolio’s of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom Job Type: Full-time Req No: RND00004281