Procurement Business Partner
12 Month FTC
Procurement play a key role in enabling Primark to deliver “Amazing Fashion at Amazing Prices” whilst supporting a significant store expansion programme and business transformation.
Procurement @ Primark look after “Goods not for resale” (GNFR) covering categories such as Supply Chain, Marketing, IT, Facilities Management, Retails Operations and Store Development.
Our team partners with the business to develop strategies to create competitive advantage for the business, with a focus on value creation, innovation, sustainability and risk management.
The Procurement Advisor is a role partnering within our retail network, working across cleaning, security, supply costs and FM categories with a spend of >£250m per year.
This role is accountable to develop and execute a sub-set of effective strategies to maximise commercial and operational benefit.
· Partner with the Retail Operations team to ensure that we have the right suppliers in place that deliver the right quality at the right price.
· Develop Category plans for a specific subset of retail operations categories which include Cleaning, Security, Supply Costs and FM
· Represent the category on relevant strategy development and planning forums
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring business alignment on critical objectives
· Identify risks to existing Primark supply and mitigate by sourcing alternative supplies.
· As part of Smart Spend programme, identify opportunities for costs savings and work with the internal customers to get buy-in to deliver and regularly report against them
· Ensure retail and finance are aligned on project roll out.
· Provide market intelligence and market sourcing research for internal customers with
· recommendations on local versus global sourcing opportunities.
· Agree and include KPIs/SLAs in contracts, lead/attend review meetings as appropriate.
· Embed and critically appraise Supplier Relationship Management strategy for the category
· Anticipate the future growth plans of the business and ensure that the category plans are setup to enable
· Consistently challenge the status quo to ensure value for money & innovation whilst remaining embedded within the functions.
· Work with New Markets Partner and ensure category plans consider store roll expansion programme as Primark enter new countries, from market research, to new supplier identification negotiation and contract implementation.
2. Compliance and Governance
· Negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationships
· Benchmark price structures across all regions to ensure value for money through the life of a contract.
· Create and distribute guidance on how to purchase items in the categories in scope to internal stakeholders to ensure category strategy is followed
· Identify and advise internal customers of commercial risks supply assurance issues and work to mitigate risk to protect Primark.
3. Contractual and Legal
· Ensure Primark is adequately legally protected and insured in commercial agreements
· Ensure compliance to contract approval policy via legal review and appropriate grant of authority for contracts and SOW’s
· Put in place contracts, framework and legal agreements for all suppliers as required
· Ensure that all contractual arrangements adequately indemnify Primark and their insurers.
· Ensure legal frameworks and purchase orders are in place for all procurement activity as per policy
· Actively champion sustainability and be conscious of Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
· Be aware of the requirement for suppliers to comply with the Primark Code of Practice.
4. Operational Effectiveness
· Through category management, establish a robust supplier base that delivers the required quality, cost and service in compliance with Primark Ethical Trade Strategy.
· Use appropriate tools to maximise efficiency and transparency of sourcing and commercial negotiations e.g. eRFX, auctions.
· Maintain a current view of overall category spend, supplier data, market intelligence and best practice
· Ensure regular communication with relevant stakeholders.
· Ensure all direct reports have objectives and personal development plans that are regularly reviewed
5. E-sourcing and Systems
· Ensure events are scheduled, prepared and managed to deliver best value through our e –sourcing tool Scanmarket.
· Ensure compliance to Procurement systems policy, such as contract management systems and P2P
6. Complexity – Internal, Spend and Supply Market
· Primarily partner with medium complexity network Manager and Head Of level Primark stakeholders
· Effectively manage categories of spend @ c.£100m, a subset of the £250m retail and FM operations spend
· Accountability for 2-3 specific categories with retail and FM
· Establish effective relationships with senior supplier personnel of local, regional and global suppliers
· 3-4 years related experience in a Procurement role
· Experience and knowledge in retail related categories of spend
· Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Experience of working within fast-paced and matrixed organisations
· Experience of developing strategic partnerships with key suppliers
· Ability to meet deadlines and prepare regular reports to share progress and performance
· Knowledge of financial, legal and commercial contracts, sustainability/CSR and ethical sourcing
PERSONAL, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Good business acumen
· Curiosity with ability to drive change
· Self-motivated, focused and results orientated
· Driven achiever with proven track record
· Innovative and resourceful
· Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
· Highly effective and skilled negotiator
· Excellent organisation, prioritization and time management skills
· Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend on risk at strategic level
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Project management skills
· Ability to travel as required (>20%)
Dublin - Mary St
Republic of Ireland
Employee – Fixed Term