ER Adviser (Right to Work) – Fixed Term Contract
You will be the expert in all Right to Work cases and Audits for Primark Retail (London based). You will provide employee relations support and advice to the Retail Management on right to work along with coaching for line managers in right to work compliance matters and procedures. In this role you will support our Employee Relations Manager in delivering an effective Employee Relations Function, which ensures the company is legally compliant with all employment legislation.
· Support and coach line managers at all levels of the business, providing accurate and timely advice as per the SLA guidelines, when dealing with right to work compliance issues.
· Perform spot audits to monitor store compliance, identifying any potential breaches with Right to Work. Working with store managers on action plans.
· Actively support managers in dealing with high profile cases on right to work compliance issues giving accurate advice; note taking; and support on letter writing within the SLA guidelines.
· Assess the business risk and (where appropriate) send proposed recommendations to the ER Manager for all right to work compliance related dismissals.
· Update the ER trackers on cases in a timely and accurate manner.
· Support the ER Manager and Head of P&C Retail UK, in providing timely and accurate responses to high profile right to work queries.
· Liaise with external legal providers and key stakeholders in non-complex claims in order to facilitate the case within the legal deadlines.
· Develop articles and letters for the ER Toolkit for use by stores.
· Responsible for designing and delivering training on right to work to stores.
· Actively support other ERUK team members by sharing best practice and assisting with cases, as and when required.
· Previous experience of working in a right to work specialist role. Up-to-date working knowledge of employment law and Home Office guidance.
· Experience of working in a fast moving, multi-site organisation; including practical experience in managing day to day employee right to work cases
· Excellent ICT skills
· Strong influencing skills
· Good team working skills
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to demonstrate credibility within the organisation
· Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all level
Full Time / Part Time
Fixed Term Contract
Employee Relations Officer