Auto req ID:
PepsiCo have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Technician (ST) to join our busy Operations team based at our Walkers site in Coventry.
As a ST you will ensure the smooth running and maintenance of key production equipment using your specialist engineering knowledge whilst delivering optimum plant reliability through preventative maintenance and electrical testing, including fault finding and problem solving.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical expertise for Electrical and Mechanical maintenance of plant equipment whilst carrying out reactive and PPM using electrical, control system and mechanical engineering skill set
- Key responsibility for reviewing production targets and priorities / balance the lines to meet them with minimal waste
- Undertakes tasks which require data and strong diagnostics to identify and act upon underlying root cause issues
- Provide support to and involvement in site Project and Change Initiatives (CI’s) as appropriate
- Coaching and supporting the Manufacturing Technician (MT) group to develop their technical skills
- Responsible for co-ordination of contractors and contracts including issuing of PTW
- Support site contractor activity through issuing Permit to Works and review of risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- Act as the effective link between Operations & Engineering
Pay & Benefits:
• This shift based role comes with an hourly rate of £20.48 per hour (inclusive of shift allowance)
• Additional handover allowance
• You would be working on a rotating day and night continental shift pattern
• Additional benefits which include: Competitive pensions schemes, holiday buy/sell and more
Indentured time served apprentice with an Electrical bias holding (as a minimum) 17th edition
- City & Guilds 2391 holder
- Able to achieve Level 3 within approximately 6 months of joining PepsiCo (paid for by the company)
- Understanding of SCADA control systems, computer systems, networking
- PLC experience required. Allen Bradley and/or Siemens an advantage
- Ideally a multi-disciplined engineer with FMCG experience
- Lean experience and control skills are ideal but not essential
- Experience of leading and coaching a team
- Excellent influencing, presentation, communication and decision making skills
- Strong team player who adopts a continuous improvement approach
- Computer literate
Important! The health and safety of our teams is extremely important to us. We have extended our already rigorous standards to account for the additional challenges we face at this time. We are adhering to the latest government advice to provide a safe working environment, following social distancing protocols and cleaning regimes of increased frequency and intensity.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Our culture at PepsiCo is very inclusive. We are committed to the local community and the environment via our corporate & social responsibility and our Performance with Purpose pledge. We regularly reward and recognise those individuals who go above and beyond in their role.
For more information about our Coventry site please visit: http://pepsico.co.uk/coventry-careers
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.