Auto req ID: 226792BR
Do you want to work with us as an MT at our Skelmersdale site where you’ll be a key member of the production team where your actions will directly impact our overall site performance? In order to maintain the efficiency of our production lines, you combine your technical competence with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to lead and initiate change. With an aptitude to coach and mentor others, you will have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing, dynamic manufacturing environment, and be able to quickly identify and remedy machine errors as they occur.
Do you like the sound of this excellent opportunity? Yes! If so read on...
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
• Being responsible for a designated area, driving performance to meet, maintain and exceed quality, food safety, cost, service and safety measures.
• Co-ordinating and motivating the General Operator team to achieve daily production targets.
• Providing operational control for all elements of running production equipment to include set-up, maintenance and cleaning.
• Monitoring, controlling and carrying out basic fault diagnosis and repairs on equipment and machinery.
• Taking responsibility for good manufacturing practice with excellent hygiene and safety standards within the designated area.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $67 billion in net revenue in 2019, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 23 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Validated mechanical and maintenance experience
Demonstrable experience of machine operation, fault-finding and repair
Logical approach to problem solving, and practical skills on plant equipment
Previous manufacturing/factory experience would be helpful
Able to find opportunities for improvement and implement solutions
Proven experience in coaching teams to improve KPI delivery
Skills in communicating effectively and mentoring/influencing others
· Salary - £36,124.16 per annum (inclusive of shift premium)
· Free parking on site
· PPE provided
· Access to our staff shop
· Additional benefits include a competitive pension scheme and much more
Important! The health and safety of our teams is extremely important to us. We have extended our already rigorous standards to account for the additional challenges we face at this time. We are adhering to the latest government advice to provide a safe working environment, following social distancing protocols and cleaning regimes of increased frequency and intensity.
Job Type: Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.