Auto req ID:
Are you looking for a fantastic Engineering career working in an international company that has an excellent reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love, where you can receive a formal accredited training programme in the form of an Advanced Multi-Skilled Maintenance Apprenticeship?
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products including Walkers Crisps. We are looking to recruit 2 Engineering Apprentices at our Coventry site to join our team at the end of August / early September and create some of the UK’s best-loved snacks: Walkers Crisps, Doritos, Sunbites, French Fries, Squares, Monster Munch and Wotsits.
What to expect :
It is an exciting time for us and we continually strive to improve our business performance. Our Engineering Staff is a huge part of our operation and work across every area of the plant undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards.
As an Engineering Apprentice, you’ll attain base engineering skills in the form of an NVQ and BTEC/HNC. Over a period of 4 years, this will be a mix of you attending college and working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment gaining hands-on experience. In year 1, the salary will be £12,681.40 per annum.
Skills you’ll develop include :
· Mechanical applications and solutions
· Electrical wiring, testing and installation
· Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
· Process Control Systems Responsibilities and Duties will include :
· Work alongside a team of highly skilled engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve manufacturing efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety and environment.
· Work safely, with regard to your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
· Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company.
· Work with MGTS external assessor to produce workplace assessment training plans.
· Attend lectures, practicals and visits as per training provider learning plan.
Things to consider :
Combination of working in a factory environment and attending college. Working across all areas of the factory on a 4-year programme.
What Next ?
Upon successful completion of the programme, there will be an opportunity to become a full-time Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with PepsiCo.
To apply :
Please note, you will need to apply via our careers page ( www.pepsicojobs.com ) and also via the below link:
Entry requirements :
You will have (or be expected to achieve) at least 5 GCSEs with English Language, Maths and Science at grade A*-C / 9-5.
Skills Required :
· Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
· Good problem-solving skills
· Computer literate
· Personal Qualities
· Lots of enthusiasm
· Team player
Qualifications taken :
Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
Job Type: Regular
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.