Auto req ID: 210385BR
Walkers is looking for both Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (Shift Technicians) to support our busy Production Teams in Skelmersdale, who are helping to maintain food supply at this critical time.This is a key role in our team and your work will directly impact the overall site performance.
You will ensure the smooth running and maintenance of key production equipment using your specialist engineering knowledge whilst delivering optimum plant reliability through preventative maintenance and testing, including fault finding and problem solving.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
· Provide technical expertise for either Electrical or Mechanical maintenance of plant equipment whilst carrying out reactive and PPM using electrical, control system or a mechanical engineering skill set
· Undertake tasks which require data and strong diagnostics to identify and act upon underlying root cause issues
· Key responsibility for reviewing production targets and priorities / balance the lines to meet them with minimal waste
· Act as the effective link between Operations & Engineering
· This shift based role comes with an hourly rate of £20.66 per hour (inclusive of shift allowance)
· You would be working on a rotating day and night continental shift pattern
· Additional benefits whichinclude: Competitive pensions schemes, holiday buy/sell and more
· This is a 3-4 month fixed term contract which is available right now
Both types of Engineers require the following:
· Ideally FMCG experience
· Excellent influencing, presentation, communication and decision making skills
· Strong team player who adopts a continuous improvement approach
· Computer literate Electrical Engineer requirements are as follows:
· Indentured time served apprentice with an Electrical bias holding (as a minimum) 17 th edition
· Understanding of SCADA control systems, computer systems and networking
· PLC experience required. Allen Bradley and/or Siemens is an advantage
Mechanical Engineer requirements are as follows:
· Indentured time served apprentice with a Mechanical bias at ONC/HNC level or equivalent in a mechanical discipline
· Multi-disciplined with experience of working with lathes, milling machines and welding
Important! The health and safety of our teams is extremely important to us. We have extended our already rigorous standards to account for the additional challenges we face at this time. We are adhering to the latest government advice to provide a safe working environment, following social distancing protocols and cleaning regimes of increased frequency and intensity.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visitwww.pepsico.com
Job Type: Contract
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.