Auto req ID:
We are currently are looking to get a Data Scientist to join our team on a permanent bases in Carrigaline.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Our Information Technology (IT) team is going through an exciting time. PepsiCo is transforming the way we use technology across all areas of the business, and IT act as our partners, advisers and service providers on this journey. Many of our IT roles have an international focus, and support internal clients across multiple countries, helping them to identify, deploy and optimise the technology needed to deliver outstanding results. Do you have a passion for solving business challenges by leveraging technology? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Role Summary: Code in SQL to support business data requests and data quality reporting. Creating & maintaining and or leveraging valuable predictive, prescriptive models to provide business insights using data science methods and tools.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
· Design and development experience in SQL to support business data requests and data quality reporting.
· Creating and maintaining valuable predictive, prescriptive models in conjunction with business, working within the frameworks provided by the global organisation
· Ability to leverage Cloud computing services
· Skilled in visualisation (Tableau or Power BI)
· Data Modelling experience
· Ability to leverage and propose various data sources to generate new insights
· Experience designing solutions within relational databases
ESSENTIAL Criteria i.e. qualifications and/or experience (this will be assessed during short-listing)
· Third level qualification in relevant discipline
· Experience across storage, compute, data science development and visualisation
· Experience designing and developing Models for Predictive/prescriptive capability
· API design experience
· Proficient in SQL
· Experience working in global matrix organisation
· Visualisation skills (e.g. Tableau or other)
Additional DESIRED qualifications and/or experience
· SAP Data Services
· Power BI
· ETL tools
· R STUDIO
· AZURE ML STUDIO
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
“For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Data Scientist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be Development and Delivery Analyst.”
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular