about the role
The Sales Expert leads the business development and sales activities for the IOT domain within the country cluster that he/she is assigned to. He/she drives the growth of the IOT business by creating, identifying and driving business opportunities ensuring growth in target accounts, with following key accountabilities :
• Build and develop relationships with country sales and account management teams
• Partner with Account Managers (AM) in the areas of: lead generation, opportunity identification, definition and qualification, promotion, negotiation, and closing on large, complex opportunities/bids
• Take full ownership for IOT opportunities from lead generation up to signature.
• Proactively drive innovation and value-creation for the customer by bringing intellectual value and consultative advice to key customers that enable differentiated positioning with competitors.
• Sales Expert has a strong relationship with central domain teams (Marketing, Product Development, etc.) and local/global Solution Experts. Provide relevant input / feedback based on customer requirements. Note and escalate service development required to meet customer needs.
• Stay abreast of market-developments, trends, competitors landscape, market-based price for the Sales Expert's specific area of expertise
• Support development of value propositions to customer that are transversal to the IOT portfolio
• Develop partnerships and work with our partner’s local sales team to identify opportunities
• Identify and manage third parties within proposed solutions ; position Orange as the solution integrator
• Fully accountable for closing IOT opportunities. Be a contributor / account team member on multi services deals as expertise is required
• Provide accurate forecasts of strategic and tactical opportunities.
• Make sure all information systems are updated with the relevant information describing the opportunity and the signed contracts.
• Sensitive to our margins and our value, the Sales Expert aims at defending a customer business case, which is both competitive and delivers financial value to Orange Business Services.
• Lead activities with Sales Enablement Team to develop the pipeline. This can include the drive of specific programs to support the pipeline, sometimes with key partners
• Consolidate customer requirements to prioritize product developments. While providing those as an input to the product management team for industrialization, he/she also looks at replicating successes and developing 'best practices' with the purpose of improving sales, profitability and of reducing development time.
• Maximize contracts value by up-selling and cross-selling more Orange products and services to existing customers
Education & qualifications :
• Master Degree from recognised university, school or college in a relevant area or acquired and demonstrated by experience
• Fluent in English, French or other European language is an added value
• 12+ years’ experience in combination with 5 years min. experience either in consultative selling, product management, or technical management within multi-national ICT companies (preferably a Service Provider or System Integrator) with sound understanding of operational, technical, and business aspects within one’s area of expertise
• Demonstrated leadership (virtual teams) to achieve targets
• International work experience within Multinational companies
• Experience with systems integration, software development projects or cellular connectivy knowledge is a strong asset for the position.
Job skills & attitude
• Strong negotiation skills
• Self-Starter, autonomous
• Customer minded with customer facing skills
• Sense of responsibility & ownership : results minded, tenacity with a 'get it done' mind set
• Problem analysis/ problem solving minded
• Communication skills
• Work with and collaborate in multi-functional & multicultural, geo dispersed teams (sales, product, marketing, engineering, consultants).
• Engage and partner with internal and external customers and suppliers at an executive level
• Lead initiatives and transversal programs through leadership in a matrix organization that depends on a number of external and internal functions
• Interact with customers at a senior or executive level (CxO)
• Analyze and understand complex situations from multiple angles (marketing, technical, organizational, financial, human) propose solutions, and summarize them at an executive level when executive support or approval is required
• Analyze business case to present and defend to senior management
Knowledge of :
• ICT industry,
• Spotting opportunities across the client’s technology landscape which Orange & its larger ecosystem can effectively fulfill
• Having a clear vision about one or several verticals like industry, automotive, connected products and smart territories
• IoT business transformation projects and specially the IoT platforms and enablement ecosystems
• IOT connectivity such as cellular 2G-5G, LoRa or similar is considered a strong asset for the position
• Fundamentals in corporate finance
• Fundamentals in marketing
• Orange Business Services products, services, processes and tools
• Ready to travel 30% of the time
Sales & Marketing Europe
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.