Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 193+ million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our newly formed Travel by Netflix team is excited to help to support the global growth of Netflix and to scale at a pace that supports the travel needs of our business.
A newly created internal travel specialist role supporting the Americas Employee to manage the travel consultant team and oversee booking of travel for our Employees, Candidates, Pre Hires, Relocations and Guests, that spans across the world to our Netflix offices.
The Travel Specialist will play a key role to ensure that our travelers’ and travel arrangers' travel needs are seamlessly met. The Specialist oversees a team of Travel consultants to provide day-to-day management, is the first point of contact for travel consultants and responds to questions, providing direction on guidelines, workflow and best practices. The role will require you to closely partner with our internal stakeholders and external contacts to fulfill complex travel requests. The Travel Specialist will report into the Travel Operations Manager Employee and Candidate Travel, Americas.
· Provides daily management of travel consultant team of approximately 17 including feedback, coaching and mentoring
· Oversees booking of travel, special requests, response time and travel consultant SLA levels
· Trains all team members on new procedures, systems, workflow and announcements
· Manages third party travel agency relationship as it relates to individual travel consultant performance
· Work with Travel Consultants to ensure they are delivering Concierge “Five Star” level of service
· Performs quality management such as error and vendor management
· Seeks opportunities to review operational processes and provides suggestions for improvement to internal management and external travel agency management. Partner closely with Travel Operations Manager and travel agency to implement.
· Partners closely with regional Travel Specialists and travel agency to ensure that the Follow-the-Sun model is applied consistently across all regions and all verticals.
· Support Travel Operations Managers in stakeholder engagement, education and feedback sessions. Incorporate into new processes, workflows and tooling where necessary.
· Hold and lead Onboarding training sessions weekly for Travel, Expenses and Corporate cards for new employees.
· Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
· Researches errors to determine the root cause, recommends and executes solutions
· Builds knowledge base in collaboration with Global Ops Manager, including A to Z and how-to guides for onboarding new Travel consultants
· Oversees group/event travel and negotiate, contract and manage hotel room blocks
· Assist with billing and T&E reconciliations and Direct Billing as needed.
· Experience (10+ years) working in a Travel Agency in a Team leader’s role.
· Recent experience (3+ years) in working with high volume entertainment/production/corporate travel.
· Knowledgeable in the nuances of working with high-touch travelers and arrangers in a thoughtful, solution-oriented manner.
· Comfortable working in a high-volume ever-changing and highly collaborative environment.
· Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there’s a label on your label maker -- and meticulous about the details.
· Able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
· Able to anticipate potential traveller issues and knows when to ask for help.
· Ability to work on call, as the world of travel is not always a 9-5 job.