Location: Los Gatos and Los Angeles
As Netflix produces more content and we expand our global presence, it becomes even more important to get people excited about content that’s right for them. Promoting our titles happens on our consumer-facing product, and off the product through marketing and publicity. To help consumers find the stories they’ll love, we need to create a diverse set of promotional media assets for many different tastes, and get these materials in front of the right people.
Our creative partners need to scale the production of these promotional assets - millions of assets across 190 countries, in 40+ languages, and distributed across multiple platforms. Our products are used by a wide range of people inside and outside of Netflix, helping thousands of users manage and make efficient use of a multi-million dollar creative budget.
To get the right assets in front of the right person, our globally distributed marketing team needs our technology to effectively plan and execute their campaigns through owned, earned, and paid media - e.g. the Netflix product, social media, and programmatic ads respectively. We solve a wide range of problems such as high-scale programmatic campaign management to help get non-members to sign up for Netflix, planning and executing our media campaigns, enabling efficient testing of marketing hypotheses, and more.
We need your help to build the technologies that allow us to scale our marketing and promotional media efforts across the globe, and do so effectively and efficiently!
· Work cross-functionally to build new services, tools and data models to operationalize our promotional workflows at scale.
· Participate in product reviews and team meetings, providing technical insight. Help scope, estimate, and prioritize between conflicting needs.
· Evaluate new technologies and approaches to streamline or improve our rapid application development tooling and conventions.
· Regularly learn new systems and tools as the Netflix platform and ecosystem evolves.
· Participate in our on-call rotation and contribute to incident reviews.
Required Skills / Experience
· 3+ years of experience in backend software development
· You are adept at building applications with an OO language
· You are experienced in utilizing relational and non-relational data stores
· You have prior experience building distributed systems
· You are strongly motivated in picking up new domains and shipping high quality, elegant, well-tested code.
Nice to have
· Familiarity with enterprise software development
· Exposure to data processing solutions such as Hive / Spark / Pig/ Presto or their equivalents.
· Experience developing applications using cloud computing platforms such as Amazon EC2, Azure, or Google Compute Engine.
· Previous work with distributed teams