Our mission at Netflix is to entertain the world. We strive to bring joy to every one of our members. To make the many kinds of original content that have become synonymous with our brand, Netflix is building the largest creative studio in the world. Something at this scale has never been done before and many groups at Netflix are pitching in to contribute. The Studio Infrastructure team is doing their part by building infrastructure applications that empower the Netflix visual effects, animation, and post-production teams who operate across the globe. For us this isn’t just about solving tough problems. It’s about sparking artist joy.
Netflix is a global company and we’re building a globally distributed studio to make more of our own content. Producing content at scale is a complicated creative process that involves many steps taken by many creative and operational teams. When these teams are scattered across the globe, it's the infrastructure, tooling, and automation we provide that keeps them connected, creating, and sharing. To be successful, we strive to support the creative process and stay out of the artist's way.
We believe a big part of our ability to spark artist joy comes from fostering inclusion and building diversity within our own team. Our team is made up of Engineers who come from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines. We believe the plurality of experience, opinions, and skills within our team is what makes us succeed in our own mission.
About the Role:
We are looking for a QA Engineer who is excited by working with developers and content creators to help us build high quality, custom solutions to satisfy a wide range of artist needs.
As a Member of our Team You Will:
· Design and implement testing strategies and processes by collaborating with users and developers to understand workflows, software and system interdependencies, and areas of focus.
· Test releases, capture issues, identify improvements and work with Animation and VFX teams to ensure our core studio related integrations, applications and services are operating efficiently.
· Continuously test and support Studio Infrastructure products, including the virtual workstations that power the NetFX Platform .
· Help to identify underlying issues and work cross-functionally with other teams to drive resolution.
· Have the freedom to drive improvements to the QA process based on customer and developer needs.
· You have experience creating software testing processes including identifying areas of focus, building and executing test plans which cover a wide range testing (functionality, usability, compatibility and regression).
· You are strategic in your testing approach and can collaborate with stakeholders to determine the balance between release velocity and impact on the user experience.
· You have strong communication skills and can clearly capture issues using bug tracking software.
· You have technical curiosity and are ready to help across the team and learn new skills.
· You have a strong bias for understanding the applications you test, identifying issues and digging in deeper to gain a better understanding versus just running through a list of things to check.
· You are comfortable working in Linux and Windows environments.
· Knowledge of studio production workflows, tools and technologies is a plus.
For more information on what it’s like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our culture memo !