Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. The Netflix Production Safety Manager candidate will support our health & safety function and report into the Manager, Production Safety. This role partners closely with Legal, Risk Management, and Physical Production.
· Provides health & safety consulting services to Netflix’s global productions
· Evaluates production/post concepts, scripts, production facilities and workflows for safety and environmental concerns and risks
· Mitigates safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers Supervisors and other production staff
· Works directly with Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming services: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations and/or facilities as required
· Attends production and Netflix Safety meetings on a national and international basis as applicable.
· Develops and distributes the Production Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), and other production safety guidelines
· Evaluates Covid safety planning as pertains to production teams.
· Recommends corrective actions and assists productions in implementation
· Responds to, and investigates production emergencies, incidents and accidents
· Coordinates production employee health & safety training
· Works independently without direct management supervision
· Develops and maintains effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
· A minimum of 3-5 years of safety experience
· Thorough understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc. preferred
· Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences or related major a plus
· Knowledge of Federal, state and local health & safety and environmental regulations (OSHA, Cal/OSHA, EPA, etc.)
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification a plus
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Travel domestically and internationally
· Determine the applicable regulations in states and countries where a particular production may be shooting (possibly for the first time)
· Quickly recognize and resolve various production safety issues that arise during the course of normal production activities
· Partner with risk managers, loss control executives and insurance underwriters to resolve loss prevention issues
· Interact with regulatory agencies, company management, productions and studio personnel