Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service, with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally. Read our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
Have you ever wondered how we account for our operations? Are you curious about how to drive operational efficiency to deliver timely and accurate financial information in Latin America? Do you enjoy gathering requirements to ensure statutory compliance and timely filings? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues. We’re on the hunt for passionate and talented finance and accounting professionals to be part of our international finance team located in Alphaville, Barueri, and get their hands dirty in a fast-growing environment. This position will report to the LATAM Accounting & Reporting Manager and will work with the various finance teams internationally to optimize our operations and execution in accounting and reporting. You will be responsible for the quality and excellence of the financial information flowing through our ERP and a Quality Assurance program. Besides, you will be in charge of local GAAP adjustments, statutory filing requirements, statutory audit support, and provide IFRS and local GAAP perspectives on global projects. You will be expected to operate proactively and with a sense of urgency and thoroughness across diverse lines of an international and matrix organization. Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes and have fun while doing it all.
We are looking for someone who:
· Can be a self-starter and manage workload effectively and autonomously.
· Drives operational process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
· Feels comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
· Communicates effectively and builds strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams.
· Possesses analytics to design and set-up standardized procedures and smart (systems/ automation) solutions on reporting requirements.
· Exhibits a strong understanding of end-to-end system integrations and data flows.
· Values accuracy and is detail-oriented.
· Influences and leads change with a positive, energetic, and inclusive style.
· Accommodates multiple time zones to collaborate with our US and International offices.
Education and Experience
· A solid experience in statutory accounting and finance;
· Experience with preparing statutory filing documentation for international entities;
· Experience collecting international accounting and tax requirements;
· Advanced English;
· Knowledge of IFRS (or IFRS equivalent), and/or any other local GAAP in LATAM;
· Advanced MS Excel and/or Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets.
Bonus experience - not required but are a plus!
· Experience in Big 4;
· Active CRC & US-GAAP knowledge;
· Experience working with external service providers;
· Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems;
· Fluent or advanced Spanish.