Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
We are looking for a talented, collaborative and adaptable lawyer to join our Marketing Legal team in London. The successful candidate will partner with and support the current Counsel and Head of Marketing Legal for UK/IE, working closely with the wider EMEA Legal team.
As part of the Marketing Legal team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment across the region. Netflix is known for its creative marketing strategy and distinctive brand voice. The Marketing Legal team works alongside multiple Marketing and Publicity teams to help bring Netflix’s title and brand campaigns to life across the region and the world. These teams include the Series and Film Marketing teams, the Series and Film Publicity teams, Editorial & Publishing, Partner Marketing, Events and Awards.
Responsibilities will vary but may include: providing advice on creative concepts, copy and activations; helping navigate rights management by advising on talent agreements or third party IP rights, advising on marketing/advertising laws; drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements (e.g. talent agreements, creative agency agreements, services agreements, brand partnership and co-promotion agreements, licensing agreements); providing legal training to business partners; creating precedents, toolkits and guidance notes. Occasional travel to Amsterdam and the US will be required (when it is safe to travel again).
Preferred candidate profile:
· You are intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, and you are excited and inspired by the Netflix culture .
· You are adaptable and happy to work in a role where the work is varied and changeable.
· You won’t be phased by last minute surprises that come up when marketing a Netflix title.
· You are collaborative and able to build great relationships across the business.
· You are a strategic, commercial thinker with sound judgment and you focus on practical solutions just as much as getting the “right” legal answer.
· You are comfortable assessing risk and making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity.
· You are a qualified lawyer (UK or other territories considered), with a good grounding in intellectual property and commercial law, likely gained in a private practice or in-house role.
We are keen to add new perspectives and different voices to our London office as we continue to grow. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Your talent, knowledge & experience (however gained) and your fit for Netflix culture are more important than set criteria or PQE levels.