We are seeking a highly quantitative, driven, and intellectually curious associate to join the Corporate Strategy, Planning & Analysis (SP&A) team. The Corporate SP&A team at Netflix is responsible for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. We derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company, and the Corporate SP&A team plays a key role in this area. Senior management heavily depends on the Corporate SP&A group to accurately track trends in performance and identify opportunities for improvement, and the outcome of our group’s analyses plays a critical role in the important and strategic decision making for the company.
Ideal candidates enjoy problem-solving, building solutions, delivering actionable and data-driven insights, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The position reports into the Senior Manager of Corporate SP&A with the option to sit in our corporate headquarters in Los Gatos or our offices in Los Angeles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Developing tools and analysis to support decision making related to how fast we should grow our employee base across all departments and geographies
· Performing data analysis and developing insightful dashboards, memos & presentations that summarize the data
· Collaborating with our engineering teams to provide (a) visibility into our data so we can make sound financial decisions and (b) tools to help facilitate efficient, accurate forecasts and collaboration with stakeholders
· Acting as the bridge between business teams and technical teams to define, prioritize and test systems or process enhancements
· 2 - 5 years of experience in a highly analytical environment (e.g. management consulting, corporate analytics, strategy and operations, or other roles requiring a blend of analytical, strategic, and cross-functional work)
· Strong track record of identifying key questions; defining, performing and coordinating analyses; and communicating findings in a clear and concise way
· An ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional projects
· Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to various levels of management
· Technically proficient in SQL or a similar database querying language
· Experience working with Business Insights tools like Tableau or other data visualization.
· Experience working with (or interest in learning) programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
· Extremely proficient with financial modeling & Excel
· Bachelor’s Degree. Preferably in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field