Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Shipping Supervisor
Who you are:
You are a strategic, collaborative leader, strong communicator and results driven. You are a process-oriented leader that thrives in a high-volume environment. You have the ability to multi-task and have a vision of process excellence. You have experience with Omni Channel Distribution, specifically in Wholesale and Retail.
Your role at Michael Kors:
As an Operations Supervisor, you would be responsible for overseeing, as well as, training personnel from unloading containers, pulling of product, processing, staging, scanning, physical loading of shipment and completing all required documentation. You would be responsible for developing and maintaining an open and engaging work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
· Supervising operations in multiple buildings to ensure accurate receipt and shipment of merchandise which includes, tallying outbound shipments by load, scanning all outbound cartons, creating BOL and ensuring carton counts match system generated carton counts and product is properly loaded to arrive at customers distribution center or store in good order
· Confirms all documentation requirements are correctly completed and turned into the control desk
· Ensures individual department objectives and coaches the associates to reach their respective department’s productivity and inventory accuracy goals
· Establish and adjust work procedures and shift schedules to meet deadlines as dictated by volume fluctuations
· Acts as a troubleshooter to assist in resolving day-to-day problems, as well as, short-term and long-term resolution planning
· Participates in daily staff meetings to keep the Operations teams abreast of shifts in priorities and to keep communication open and continual
· Assists in the selection and training of qualified associates. Partners with the Operations Manager and Human Resource Department regarding reviews, interviewing, hiring, terminations, and corrective counseling within the campus.
· Safeguards company equipment and its operational fitness, as well as, operators meet or exceed minimum company standards and all necessary licenses are up to date
· Maintain safe and clean department with OSHA standards, in partnership with total DC safety record
We’re excited about you if you have:
· 5 years of warehouse experience and 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
· Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI).
· Strong written and verbal skill to communicate with all levels of the organization and executive excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong quantitative and critical problem solving skills
· Computer skills such as WMS, YMS experience and Microsoft Office.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques and to stand/walk for long periods of time.
We’d love to see:
· The ability to lead, motivate, foster collaboration, maintain open communication and build strong business partnerships.
· Hands on leadership that leads by example and excels at communication and coaching associates for desired results
· Must be able to think out of the box and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
· Generous personal and vacation days
· Internal Mobility
· Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo Discount
· Fav 5 Cards (MK Discount for friends and family)
· Exclusive Employee Sales
· Paid Parental leave
· 401k Match
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V