UX Design Intern
We do things differently. You can add to it, whether you’re looking for an opportunity while you’re still in university or you’re ready to start a career. Bring your curiosity and individuality to this company, where you’ll develop professional skills, get hands-on experience, and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a UX designer, you are the advocate for your user. A deep empathetic understanding of your user’s needs is essential. You always strive for process optimisation and friction removal. You communicate within an interdisciplinary team and inspire with your clean solutions. You will enter different scenarios and need to quickly develop a solid understanding of their matters. Workshops and user research methods are your first set of tools. You will document your insights and transform them into compelling concepts. You are working with UI design tools like Sketch, Figma and prototyping tools like Flinto or Axure. During all phases of a project, you are able to demonstrate your ideas in all fidelity levels.
We’ve developed a comprehensive intership program for the different professions in our team. Find out more about the perks & development opportunities below.
What you can expect:
· Experienced Team & Mentors - Not only are we the nicest people in the world, we also want to help you to improve your professional skills and will support you wherever we can.
· Startup Environment - We are not what you would expect from a big corporate, and that’s on purpose. We believe in fast decisions and agile methods.
· Extensive Payment & Benefits - Besides competitive salary, interns at our office can qualify for a bonus for exceptional work. You also have the chance to visit a conference during your time with us.
· State of the art hardware & software - Your development should not be restricted by the tools you use. That’s why we will provide you with the best equipment that’s available.
· Professional Development - Besides the wide-spread possibilities on self-development that are offered by our company, you have the chance of visiting one conference with the team.
· Most exciting Projects ever - We are active in virtually all fields of science, making it impossible not to be impressed by the variety of briefings that you will work on. Promised!
What we expect from you:
· High Quality UX Design Portfolio - A portfolio that demonstrates your methods, processes & understanding for users at web and / or mobile platform projects.
· Structural Feeling - You know how to structure content and make it easily graspable. You are able to untangle huge amounts of data / information and bring them into a usable shape.
· Curiosity for Users - You want to get to know even the smallest details that might make a significant impact to the user. You never stop learning.
· Knowledge of Research Methods - You already used common user research methods, like personas, user journeys or user interviews. You have a certain affection towards academic approaches.
· Out of Classroom Experience - You already collected relevant work experience at internships or other project experience outside the classroom.
· Interdisciplinary Understanding - You have experience at coding and designing and understand how other coders and designers work and how the entire design process is functioning.
· Comprehensive Tool Kit - You are familiar with UI design tools like Sketch or Figma & prototyping tools as Flinto or Axure. It’s no problem for you to break into new tools.
· Prototyping - You can simulate interactions and user flows in different detail levels and test / communicate its meaningfulness.
Job Requisition ID: 187568
Career Level: A - Current Student
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Testing, User Experience, Research, Technology