Quality Control Scientist
The Quality Control Scientist is responsible for planning and performing chemical analysis with a variety of techniques with an emphasis on ICP, ICPMS and GC analysis. They will need to be able to solve complex analytical problems as needed and work independently and complete projects quickly. They will use analytical chemistry principles, practices, methods and techniques to perform a variety of assignments. A background knowledge of Compendial, Government, and ISO requirements and guidelines are needed. The Quality Control Scientist will demonstrate flexibility responding to changing priorities and effectively multi-task to complete projects on time.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must have the ability to perform moderately physical activity
• The employee will be working in a lab with chemicals. Safety and confidence working in a lab environment are essential
Who You Are:
The Quality Control Scientist has a background in running a variety of instruments and methods with a focus on ICP, ICPMS and GC. As a Scientist in the group, the ability to collaborate with other members of the QC group to complete projects is essential. The candidate will have a strong background in Analytical Chemistry and have demonstrated skill with instrumentation in their past work experience, research and or education.
• Bachelor of Science in a life science discipline AND 2+ years of chemical analysis experience OR Master of Science in a life science discipline
• 2+ years of experience in chromatography and utilizing analytical chemistry techniques to solve challenging problems.
• Experience with instruments and methods with a focus on ICP, IC, HPLC and GC analysis
Job Requisition ID: 207052
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Scientist, QC, Science, Quality, Research