QC Chemist II
The Quality Control group is looking for a QC Scientist at our MilliporeSigma facility in Norwood, OH. The position requires the analysis of our high purity solvents and solvent mixtures, as well as laboratory support functions. The candidate should have a strong analytical background in state-of-the-art techniques like GC-MS, HPLC-MS, IC, ICP-MS and Karl Fischer Titration. A strong quality and safety mindset are expected.
This position will interact with different functions at the site to improve product quality and to provide support for continuous improvement projects. This position will support Production in process testing. The individual shares responsibility for lab equipment maintenance, housekeeping and other lab support functions while ensuring compliance with all established quality requirements, standards and maintains the lab in an audit ready state.
Working in a QC laboratory, you will be:
· Conducting conformance testing for designated raw materials, work-in-process products and finished goods.
· Qualifying new raw material suppliers by performing material evaluations for conformity
· Developing methods for standard QC instruments such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, MS and FTIR.
· Performing calibration verification of critical lab equipment.
· Performing equipment qualifications
· Trouble shooting out of trend results and other issues that might arise.
· Assisting in making and recording pass/fail decisions on materials.
· Documenting results in SAP and LabVantage LIMS software
· Leading and or participating in Root Cause Analysis
· Project lead for equipment improvements and services
· Maintaining appropriate records for lab and maintenance work.
· Following established procedures for QC lab operation.
· Update procedures when necessary to ensure compliance
· Providing technical support to other QC scientists and to other departments such as Production as needed.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related Science discipline and 5+ years’ experience in an analytical or chemistry laboratory setting or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related Science discipline.
· GC-MS, HPLC-MS, IC, ICP-MS and Karl Fischer Titration.
· A strong quality and safety mindset are expected.
· Knowledge of ISO-9001 guidance
· 5+ years’ industrial laboratory experience preferred
· Experience in SAP and LabVantage a preferred
· GC-MS, HPLC-MS, IC, ICP-MS and Karl Fischer Titration. A strong quality and safety mindset are expected.
· Knowledge of ISO-9001 guidance
· Experience performing Out of Specification investigations
· Ability to work independently and as a tea
Job Requisition ID: 204842
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Chemist, Housekeeping, ERP, Scientist, SAP, Science, Healthcare, Technology